Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi... I am doing Biomedical science and I just finished my 2nd year going to 3rd year. I am really worried about writing dissertation for my project in 3rd year. Is there something I could do before starting my 3rd year. Also what is the best thing to do after finishing your degree. Because I was thinking of doing Masters straight after finishing my degree. Could someone please tell me how to get work experience without doing it through university... Like for one month or two. I heard some people get work experience in private clinicals ect.. But I have absolutely no connections... So what should I do

I'm worried as well - My tutor advised me to get started, ie reading and etc NOW - so when you go back in Sept you're not panicking. I have also been set Sept 4th Lit Review completion date! . . . Im still twiddling my thumbs on how the heck to get started, writing wise!

ReputationRep:
    But how do u know what you are going to write about. What did ur tutor advice u exactly...What did they tell you read like books that tells u what to do???

(Original post by Mizz J)
    But how do u know what you are going to write about. What did ur tutor advice u exactly...What did they tell you read like books that tells u what to do???
    Because I had my topic sussed ages ago (1st year! :ninjagirl:) - put it forward to my tutor back in March/April this year who has said its fine and I have started researching and etc.

I take it you have not had any input from tutors as of yet for Dissertations? . . . I have done a lot of the background searching myself, ie books, journals, a few from my tutor, which have helped put me on the right road.

EDIT: I am not a Biomed student by the way (studying Criminology and Sociology) - but thought seeing as you were discussing Dissertations, I presume/d your thread is Dissertations in general? . . . .(apologies if its just aimed at Biomed students only).

ReputationRep:
    Doing some background reading would be great, if you don't know your specific topic yet, it might be best to read a general book on writing a dissertation/doing research in your subject area. Or read a few journal articles (both actual research and literature review articles, these can provide you with ideas of what you could do) in an area that interest you.

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys actually do for a biomed dissertation its something im going to have to start thinking about next year

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.