Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Women in music videos Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think that women in music videos show too much flesh?
    Yes
    68.46%
    No, they need to show more
    31.54%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Typical women. Only looking for one thing from guys :hmmm:
    Hah, I was actually referring to what Syke said, and implying that he wanted the males to get nude :P
    (Of course I know you don't, Syke, I'm just being silly..)

I actually agree with the OP, but I don't have anything against male nudity in general :p: I just think it shouldn't be awkward if your parents walk in on you when you watch music videos.

Wouldn't surprise me, if one of these days the hottest thread on TSR was "My mum walked in on me while I watched music videos! What should I do!?"
    They need to sell their music, not their body.

ReputationRep:
    I grew up watching Baywatch .. I don't see any problems with women shaking their asses and making earthquakes :dontknow:

(Original post by Ramanda)
    Hah, I was actually referring to what Syke said, and implying that he wanted the males to get nude :P

I actually agree with the OP, but I don't have anything against male nudity in general :p: I just think it shouldn't be awkward if your parents walk in on you when you watch music videos.

Wouldn't surprise me, if one of these days the hottest thread on TSR was "My mum walked in on me while I watched music videos! What should I do!?"
    They need to sell their music, not their body.
    I think the grand irony if your statement is that they DO need to sell their body because their music is soooo lacking.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with showing a little skin? Plus it looks good as the girls in music videos are usually fit

ReputationRep:
    Well, we all know why certain songs get popular, a case in point:

ReputationRep:
    no its fine, you people are just backwards
    how much clothing did the first humans wear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramanda)
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Holly Valance -Kiss kiss

She was completely naked in that! And she's fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syke)
    :ninja:
    LOOOOL!!!!!!! OMG, I just realized that you are gay! Hahahah! (I'm not laughing cos you're gay, I'm laughing cos I'm such a ****!)
    Hahaha!!! Sorry, Syke, my bad Of course you want the male rappers to show more flesh
    Keehee! :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Sex sells i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Holly Valance -Kiss kiss

She was completely naked in that! And she's fit.
    Actually it was a flesh-coloured bikini. They interviewed her on Newsround at the time. (How embarassing that I know that!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leticiabessel)
    I don't agree with the spoiler at all, but the first sentence is true.

Almost all R&B, rap, hip-hop videos in general include a bunch of 80% naked women throwing themselves on top of men. They're all the same, and it's just disgusting.
    Mind you, I have seen plenty of dance videos that match this criteria, so it isn't limited to certain genres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    Actually it was a flesh-coloured bikini. They interviewed her on Newsround at the time. (How embarassing that I know that!)
    lol I remeber Newround, it's still going strong I think, hardly ever watched it tbh unless there was something to do with football.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, it doesn't really bother me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sishii)
    Mind you, I have seen plenty of dance videos that match this criteria, so it isn't limited to certain genres.
    I know, sorry - they were the main ones that I could think of in that quick moment, I didn't really feel the need to go into much depth. Really, almost all genres have songs with videos like these, and I know that.

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to avoid watching them now. I worry that subconsiously I'll be comparing myself to these women and that they are damaging my fragile little self esteem.

Same reason I avoid magazines like Heat, Closer etc. with all their "Celeb beach bodies!!" "Kerry gains 10 pounds!" stuff. It's not good for us girls. Less obsession with women's bodies, please

ReputationRep:
    it is annoying but i think my mums just used to it now when i watch music channels and shes in the room.

its to show that the guys there are pimps...so they are like all fully clothed like "yeah she loves me, im such a player". its strange tho for people like lil wayne or akon or someone, who every1 knows is butterzz!! lol

Sex and death are naturally the two topics of most interest to humans, maybe we should start developing music videos of people getting shot or dancing corpses.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't really care less either way. Although getting embarrassed because your mum or dad sees a scantily clad woman on the television is pretty childish.

ReputationRep:
    you girls are just jealous of them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.