Turn on thread page Beta

Moving into other areas of business after accounting watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anybody knew what are the chances of moving into other/general management areas of a company if you've joined a firm as a graduate and gained your CIMA qualification? (I am talking here only about industry, not Big Four or anything like that)
    Does starting off in accounting limit you to that or do a lot of people from there move on into other roles?

ReputationRep:
    No CIMA people can move into any management role (though obviously other factors influence it too its not guaranteed)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teriaki)
    I was just wondering if anybody knew what are the chances of moving into other/general management areas of a company if you've joined a firm as a graduate and gained your CIMA qualification? (I am talking here only about industry, not Big Four or anything like that)
    Does starting off in accounting limit you to that or do a lot of people from there move on into other roles?
    It doesn't limit you. A CIMA qualification would provide greater opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    also CIMA publish a booklet which explains how they are better than all the other accounting qualifications - seems a bit biased to me - but it helps to show how it is better in terms of management areas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 456789)
    also CIMA publish a booklet which explains how they are better than all the other accounting qualifications - seems a bit biased to me - but it helps to show how it is better in terms of management areas
    This?

I suppose it's not surprising if it's a little biased - every institute will want its qualification to be seen as the 'best'! :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.