Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just curious to see who on here has met anyone famous?

I was visiting my great-Aunt who came down from Australia this week, and she told me that she has a house close to Kylie Minogue :eek:

I wish i could meet someone famous

So, who have you met/connections to?

ReputationRep:
    Peter Cech at heathrow airport.Got autograph, was well pleased.

ReputationRep:
    Natalie Portman in Uganda :love:

ReputationRep:
    Well I saw Russell Brands house on monday, tuesday and wednesday, seeing as family live like right next door to him. and Emma Watsons local is my cousins local. And i have seen quite a few celebrities out and about in hampstead like; Helena Bonham Carter, Emma Thompson and Ricky Jervais.

ReputationRep:
    who gives one? at the end of the day, theyre only human beings like us

ReputationRep:
    I've met Ross Noble, Derren Brown twice and some person that's in Emmerdale who was in the Rocky Horror Show when I went to see it. Oh and Prince Charles walked right by me when I was in Glasgow one time.

ReputationRep:
    alan carr

ReputationRep:
    John Cleese (on a random street in Switzerland), and my Dad saw Steven Merchant at an airport in India

ReputationRep:
    I've met Alan Rough a former celtic and Scotland player. He plays tennis with my dad. I also sat next to Carol Smillie in Princes square in Glasgow then got up when I realised it was her in case she thought I was a stalker lol.

ReputationRep:
    I worked Latitude backstage last weekend so I met lots of famous people

Jarvis Cocker
    Sophie Ellis Bexter
    Keith Allen
    Ed Byrne
    Marcus Brigstocke
    Lee Mack
    Sean Lock
    Rufus Hound
    and about a billion other comedians.

Was fun, but a bit weird chatting with people I've seen on TV. Keith Allen, Ed Byrne and Marcus Brigstocke were the nicest.

Connection-wise I don't know many famous people. KT Tunstall is a friend of a friend, so I bump into her occassionally, but haven't seen her in about 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    Remember Tracy, that pink-haired woman from Big Brother? (not that I watched it, I just recognised her from constant adverts and general news in TV). I saw her in a street in London and took a photo with her.

My mum was sure she saw Mick Jagger @ Heathrow last year, just walking by.

Don't judge me now - I held Joe Jonas' hand for a while when he threw himself into the crowd during an Avril Lavigne concert last year. I don't really like the Jonas Brothers, they're too Disney-cheesy-ish for me, but hey, he was right next to me.

Also just a few days ago I held hands several times with both Jess and Lisa from the Veronicas, I went to a concert in St Louis USA. They're awesome.

Apart from music concerts and that one time with Tracy, though, no celebs!

Oh, in answer to your sig - that makes you a Team Switzerland, like me!

ReputationRep:
    When I went to visit relatives in Dublin we went driving through a nearby town and my aunt kept going "Bono used to have a house there", "Bob Geldof has a house here", etc... And one time my cousin saw Billy Boyd on a street in Glasgow. I swear I saw Ricky Gervais having dinner at my hotel in Spain a few years back :dontknow: That's the extent of my famous ties I guess :p:

ReputationRep:
    Richard and blimmin' Judy. Yes, i'm cool. They used to live near me.
    And some cast from doctor who/eastenders came into my work once. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    David Seaman was in his jeep outside GAME where I live a few years ago, oh and I served Heather from Eastenders at work and walked past Roxy from Eastenders in the shopping centre that I work in. I saw Busted once when they came to Virgin Megastores ages ago, didn't like them though just happened to be walking by.
    No one mega famous though

ReputationRep:
    i once saw simon amstell at a festival, from about 4 yards away.

yeah, you heard

ReputationRep:
    Iv spoken to Girls Aloud on the phone, got johny wilkinsons autograph (and seen him in tesco), oh and I met Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson best i can do i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leticiabessel)
    Remember Tracy, that pink-haired woman from Big Brother? (not that I watched it, I just recognised her from constant adverts and general news in TV). I saw her in a street in London and took a photo with her.

My mum was sure she saw Mick Jagger @ Heathrow last year, just walking by.

Don't judge me now - I held Joe Jonas' hand for a while when he threw himself into the crowd during an Avril Lavigne concert last year. I don't really like the Jonas Brothers, they're too Disney-cheesy-ish for me, but hey, he was right next to me.

Also just a few days ago I held hands several times with both Jess and Lisa from the Veronicas, I went to a concert in St Louis USA. They're awesome.

Apart from music concerts and that one time with Tracy, though, no celebs!

Oh, in answer to your sig - that makes you a Team Switzerland, like me!

Haha, yeah i know. I put it down so non-twilighter's would understand, but i think i'm gonna alter it...
    And the Jonahs brothers? Wow--i think a 10 year old girl might hate you for that one!

ReputationRep:
    Maribel Verdú in Madrid... That's the woman from Pan's labyrinth.

And my cousin saw Sandra Bullock and George Clooney on Santorini.

ReputationRep:
    So, I met Jimmy Saville a few years back. Anyone remember Jim'll Fix It?
    Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JecAL)
    Haha, yeah i know. I put it down so non-twilighter's would understand, but i think i'm gonna alter it...
    And the Jonahs brothers? Wow--i think a 10 year old girl might hate you for that one!
    Haha I thought you knew about the Switzerland thing, it was to make sure. ;P

I know! When I told my best friend about this there was a group of girls nearby (they didnt look older than 10) who kept glaring jealously at me. lol
    Not that I care too much, it's just to say that I once touched a famous person. (That's pathetic enough on its own.)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.