Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ok, long story cut short, met some guy and within a day, he had added me on msn, facebook and i STUPIDLY gave him my mobile number by replying to his text. He is now constantly ANNOYING me! He texts me everyday, talks to me on msn, facebook chat and its really over the top. He also asks me to go out with him and I have to say I'm busy. Its only been like 4 days but its already pissing me off. How can I tell him to back off without being mean? I really hate being harsh to people, I'm just trying to avoid at the moment, but I fear that will not work. Help?!

ReputationRep:
    Just Say No!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ok, long story cut short, met some guy and within a day, he had added me on msn, facebook and i STUPIDLY gave him my mobile number by replying to his text. He is now constantly ANNOYING me! He texts me everyday, talks to me on msn, facebook chat and its really over the top. He also asks me to go out with him and I have to say I'm busy. Its only been like 4 days but its already pissing me off. How can I tell him to back off without being mean? I really hate being harsh to people, I'm just trying to avoid at the moment, but I fear that will not work. Help?!
    How does that work?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah how did he text you without your number?

Also- just block him and get a new sim.

Simples.

(Original post by cpj1987)
    How does that work?
    Sorry, what I meant was, he gave me his number, and I was replying to a question that he had asked me earlier. Will edit

Eh, i cant edit

ReputationRep:
    Block him - easily done!

ReputationRep:
    Say your not interested.

ReputationRep:
    Just say I'm very busy/going on Holiday/going to Pakistan...:ninja:

He will soon understand or go away...

ReputationRep:
    brb, witness protection?

Do I phone up my network service provider to block a number?
    Also, does anyone know how to block just one person from seeing you online on facebook chat? Its annoying because theres always people I want to talk to on there, but cant because I dont want to appear online when he is, argh

ReputationRep:
    Text him saying you hanged your number, to an old phone, then text back ONCE then turn your phone off FOREVER! also delete his user off facebook and myspace and msn.....VOILA!

ReputationRep:
    Just remove him as a friend really, if you block on msn, facebook he'll take the hint, and Im not sure if you can block numbers in the uk, but just not replying to texts usually does fine. if that doesn't stop him then well you're gonna have to tell him clearly it isn't happening.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry. I can't help but laugh, it's nice to know this happens to other people and i'm not the only freak attracter in the world :p:

Just block him on facebook.
    If your phone is a new model it should allow you to block numbers you don't want texting or calling you.
    Block him on msn.

Job done.

(Original post by starsdream2)
    I'm sorry. I can't help but laugh, it's nice to know this happens to other people and i'm not the only freak attracter in the world :p:

Just block him on facebook.
    If your phone is a new model it should allow you to block numbers you don't want texting or calling you.
    Block him on msn.

Job done.
    LOL. Fortunuately, doesnt normally happen, just...I dont know, first time I guess! I blame my mother, she started talking to him first ARGH!!

Thanks for everyone elses advice too, I guess I'll have to block him on everything (MSN dont already ), and try and block his phone number. *sigh* :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.