Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Songs so good you can't listen to them? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know this might sound strange but does anyone else have songs that are simply TOO good that listening to them makes you sad?

That song makes me feel like I'm missing something. It makes me think of girls that I will meet in the future. I dunno', something about it is simply so good it makes me sad.

Do others get this or am I the only one?

And yes i've been drinking

EDIT: OK given the responses I'll add a little. Even though the song is happy and awesome it brings back much missed memories, memories you'd give anything to relive. Maybe it reminds you of someone you lost contact with. All in all it's a truly awesome song but you just can't listen to it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    What The ****!?!?!

I'm not nearly pretentious enough.

ReputationRep:
    no, if they're good i listen to them over and over and over and over and over and you get the idea

ReputationRep:
    I kind-of know what you mean but can't put it in better words either despite not having been drinking.

ReputationRep:
    u mad?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. We're missing out being American teenagers :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you mean, P!nk's I dont believe you is bad for me

ReputationRep:
    no but mgmt are so bad i can't listen to them if that's any consolation

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean--sounds outrageous but there is one song that still, after listening to it for over 2 years now, gives me goosebumps each time. I think when you like a song enough, the expectation of it can make you apprehensive because you know its epic

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i know exactly what you mean. I think that is the sign of an amazing song tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i kind of know what you mean. Pink's family portrait used to make me sad.

ReputationRep:
    For me it's Infinity by Guru Josh Project, not so much because the song is amazing or something but simply because of the memories it brings back... wow, just wow is all I can say. Those are some truly wicked memories with friends, will be remembered forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JecAL)
    I know what you mean--sounds outrageous but there is one song that still, after listening to it for over 2 years now, gives me goosebumps each time. I think when you like a song enough, the expectation of it can make you apprehensive because you know its epic

This exactly!! Those are the words I was searching for!! I'd rep you if I had any left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    I know this might sound strange but does anyone else have songs that are simply TOO good that listening to them makes you sad?

That song makes me feel like I'm missing something. It makes me think of girls that I will meet in the future. I dunno', something about it is simply so good it makes me sad.

Do others get this or am I the only one?

And yes i've been drinking

EDIT: OK given the responses I'll add a little. Even though the song is happy and awesome it brings back much missed memories, memories you'd give anything to relive. Maybe it reminds you of someone you lost contact with. All in all it's a truly awesome song but you just can't listen to it anymore.

yeah there are a couple of songs which make me think, ouch, the last time i listened to this was when *insert touchy emotional situation*. i havent listened to a track and thought 'this is so good i cant listen to it', because it wouldn't be a good track if i didnt want to listen to it.

ReputationRep:
    I can't listen to sad songs cause they just upset me tooo much, I don't know about good songs though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    This exactly!! Those are the words I was searching for!! I'd rep you if I had any left!

Haha, thanks! If not, don't worry. Nice to know that i can help! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I kinda know what you mean.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.