Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Songs so good you can't listen to them? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Broken Hearted Girl by Beyonce.. her voice is amazing. plus the first time i heard it was when i was pretty.. broken hearted. haaaaaa.

ReputationRep:
    :goaway: :gfight: :reddy: :bath: :captain: :egg: :diep: :hide: :auto: :turban: :bee2: :tux: :koala: :lovedup2: :embarrassed: :virtual_bar: :sorry: :google: :doctor: :france: :train2: :flower: :moon: :titan: :yay: :birthday: :mrssanta: :hnn: :fatcontroller:

ReputationRep:
    I totally get this! I think it's because the song is so amazing and powerful for me, I'm scared that listening to it too much might ruin it, or I might get "used" to it, and it will stop having its amazing powers.
    I have a few songs like that. Ones that I'd never listen to with one earphone in, or whilst running to work. I'm actually scared to listen to them unless I'm totally in the right frame of mind and able to give it my full attention and appreciation.

ReputationRep:
    I get this, too...

ReputationRep:
    lost prophets. so awesome yet remind me of the times when i was really down and depressed so i dont listen to them anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Because I heard an absolute **** load of Taylor Swift when I was in the United States a month and a bit back, listening to her makes me want to be back out there, with nothing to care about other than running out of money.

ReputationRep:
    There's a song by Radiohead that has my ex girlfriends name in it and it being Radiohead it's a depressing enough song already...

ReputationRep:
    I tend to have that with a few songs:
    lou reed - perfect day
    srv - life without you
    johnny cash - i've been everywhere

But it's most songs by Herman Brood that get to me. He was the best Holland ever had. This one's no different; "still believe"

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4JcJ0xNlDo

I listen to it, but it makes me sad. Makes me think of something very specific thats going to happen in my future and that will make me very sad

ReputationRep:
    I think I kind of know what you mean...I can't listen to 'I Will Follow You Into The Dark' because, although I think it's an amazing song, it's so sad it's actually painful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    I know this might sound strange but does anyone else have songs that are simply TOO good that listening to them makes you sad?

That song makes me feel like I'm missing something. It makes me think of girls that I will meet in the future. I dunno', something about it is simply so good it makes me sad.

Do others get this or am I the only one?

And yes i've been drinking

EDIT: OK given the responses I'll add a little. Even though the song is happy and awesome it brings back much missed memories, memories you'd give anything to relive. Maybe it reminds you of someone you lost contact with. All in all it's a truly awesome song but you just can't listen to it anymore.
    While I don't exactly empathise, I am nonetheless inclined to commend your taste in music, as it is rather good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    While I don't exactly empathise, I am nonetheless inclined to commend your taste in music, as it is rather good.
    It's a future classic I predict.

ReputationRep:
    I can't listen to any old Muse tunes (pre-Hullabaloo) as I was so obsessed with them when I was 14 - 16 that it makes me almost panic when they come on. I feel as though someone's wrenching up my memories and throwing them at my eardrums. I just can't handle it. It's weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    I know this might sound strange but does anyone else have songs that are simply TOO good that listening to them makes you sad?

That song makes me feel like I'm missing something. It makes me think of girls that I will meet in the future. I dunno', something about it is simply so good it makes me sad.

Do others get this or am I the only one?

And yes i've been drinking

EDIT: OK given the responses I'll add a little. Even though the song is happy and awesome it brings back much missed memories, memories you'd give anything to relive. Maybe it reminds you of someone you lost contact with. All in all it's a truly awesome song but you just can't listen to it anymore.
    Hahahah I completely know what you mean and Electric Feel is probably my one too!! Soulmates? :p:

And I have to say Fans by Kings of Leon leaves me kind of yearning for something...probably makes very little sense and alas, I have not been drinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollo)
    Hahahah I completely know what you mean and Electric Feel is probably my one too!! Soulmates? :p:

And I have to say Fans by Kings of Leon leaves me kind of yearning for something...probably makes very little sense and alas, I have not been drinking
    Yeah I know what you mean. The song just makes you want something, want a particular special, epic summer moment. One of total happiness. Yet I listen to it and feel pretty unsatisfied with how things are at the minute, ya' feel me?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.