Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would a small black stud suit me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So tonight I've suddenly become fixated on the idea of getting a small black stud on my left ear.

I haven't had my ear pierced before, so I'm not fully clued up on the various types of stud or piercing areas, but I guess the 'lobe' area would suffice.

Anyway, I cut out a small circle approx. the size I would go for out of the stick bit on a Post-It note and coloured it in black. (Don't laugh)

Here are the results:

http://tinyurl.com/nk2usu

http://tinyurl.com/mntv2q

What are your thoughts?

Cheers =)

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why not? Lobe piercings are hardly the most offensive thing in the world, they suit pretty much everyone. If you want it, get it You can always take it out if you don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    go out get a magnetic one and see how it looks
    thats what i did

ReputationRep:
    I think it suits you...go for it- it's not that expensive and you can always take it out.
    Go to Claire's Accessories, they only charge you for the earring not the piercing and their aftercare lotion is good; they use guns not needles but from what I've read it's fine in the lobe as guns are only considered unsafe when they're going through cartilige.

ReputationRep:
    It looks pretty good, I'd do it.

ReputationRep:
    One of my work colleagues said to another colleague (who just got his ear pierced): "Earrings are for poofs and pirates. I don't see an ocean round here"

I think it looks fine though. Listen, I come from a job where dress code is very strict. You need to do these funky things with hair and piercings while you're at uni. It's quite possible you'll find yourself in a role where that kind of thing isn't acceptible and you'll always wish you'd done it when you had the chance. I say go for it.

ReputationRep:
    go for it,
    if you decide you don't like it, you can always take it out and let it close over

ReputationRep:
    That looks alright!
    x

ReputationRep:
    It looks like there's a hole in your ear

ReputationRep:
    Looks good, go for it. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    What ever you do don't go to Claire's though!

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, its pretty cheap, and itll heal up. When i got my lip done I just figured that if it looks crap, i'll take it out and have a tiny hole there, but in the end it had a fight with a subway sandwhich and fell out and healed up of its own accord. Ear piercing shouldn't cost more then £10 though.

But yeah, avoid Cliares and there badly trained staff and the shop window, oh so hygienic piercing parlor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit92)
    go out get a magnetic one and see how it looks
    thats what i did
    they do such a thing?!

wow!

Technological advances in earring technology is stonking!

ReputationRep:
    Looks pretty good

ReputationRep:
    way to use your initiative

p.s. it suit you.

ReputationRep:
    Suits you, go for it. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Go for it, its pretty cheap, and itll heal up. When i got my lip done I just figured that if it looks crap, i'll take it out and have a tiny hole there, but in the end it had a fight with a subway sandwhich and fell out and healed up of its own accord. Ear piercing shouldn't cost more then £10 though.

But yeah, avoid Cliares and there badly trained staff and the shop window, oh so hygienic piercing parlor.
    I've had my lobes done four times, and only one of them have healed. Funnily enough the ones done at Claires. I had my ears pierced at 3 other good/respectable jewellers and i took reactions to them all. They claimed it was gold earrings/not gold plated but I dont think they were.

Claires can be good, but have a look at who will be doing it and how clean it is etc.

ReputationRep:
    go for it, it looks realy good

ReputationRep:
    Looks cool.

ReputationRep:
    Normally I don't like them on guys but that actually looks pretty good

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.