Turn on thread page Beta

Should I keep or ditch my micra? watch

• View Poll Results: Should i keep the micra?
    keep it
    54.55%
    Ditch it
    45.45%

ReputationRep:
    I have a micra k11(older version) Its an auto and has only 7000 miles on the clock. I havent passed my test yet so i have only driven it a little bit. Do you think I should sell it and get a nicer looking car which will most likely have a higher milage or just keep it? The only reason I ask is because autotrader seem to have some good cars in the under 2000 range, :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ew, old granny cars are social suicide.

Ditch it (into a fire).

ReputationRep:
    ah come on man it aint that bad lol

ReputationRep:
    I was handed down a Micra from family and at first I didn't even want to accept it! Never looked back since, though. It might not be the best looking car but especially for me, reliability > looks. Cheap to run and maintain and hasn't thrown any nasty surprises at me! Can't speak for the CVT, though, as I have a manual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockyone2)
    ah come on man it aint that bad lol
    I honestly normally would say 'Yes, keep it!' to these sort of things.

But I just can't to a Micra. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slug56)
    I was handed down a Micra from family and at first I didn't even want to accept it! Never looked back since, though. It might not be the best looking car but especially for me, reliability > looks. Cheap to run and maintain and hasn't thrown any nasty surprises at me! Can't speak for the CVT, though, as I have a manual.
    yh i heard its really reliable so im thinking twice before i do anything. 7000 miles its not like it gonna break down anytime soon lol. I am aware of people opinions of the car though. lol

ReputationRep:
    although it is a matchbox..and only asian ppl drive it..keep it man..id b grateful for any car atm..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockyone2)
    I have a micra k11(older version) Its an auto and has only 7000 miles on the clock. I havent passed my test yet so i have only driven it a little bit. Do you think I should sell it and get a nicer looking car which will most likely have a higher milage or just keep it? The only reason I ask is because autotrader seem to have some good cars in the under 2000 range, :p:
    Cheap to run, cheap to insure, safer than a metro, they're always in demand for first time drivers so are sale-able...

keep it for a bit, pass, have your first crash...then get a better car x

ReputationRep:
    Micra's are beautiful little cars. And they're ultra reliable. My parent's which I'm driving has fewer hiccups than cars 5/10 years it's junior.

And it uses up gas at a snail's pace.

ReputationRep:
    For 2K you could get a really nice slightly older car, 306, golf, etc

ReputationRep:
    Small + Japanese = Cheap to run & reliable. Seriously, until you start earning a big wage of your own to the point where you can afford to spend more than £2000, what do you really need from your car other than A-B transport? Micras do it about as well as you need them to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megadeath999)
    Small + Japanese = Cheap to run & reliable. Seriously, until you start earning a big wage of your own to the point where you can afford to spend more than £2000, what do you really need from your car other than A-B transport? Micras do it about as well as you need them to.
    That makes absoulute sense

ReputationRep:
    keep it mate!

ReputationRep:
    You want to buy a worse car because it's not aesthetically the in thing at the moment?

Stupid idea.

With 7000 miles on the clock it'll be a minter!

ReputationRep:
    You want to buy a worse car because it's not aesthetically the in thing at the moment?

Stupid idea.

With 7000 miles on the clock it'll be a minter!

ReputationRep:
    Keep it, as JC says withg 7000 on the clock you would be insane not to.

Drink the savings.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sell it meeeeeeeeeeee

When I pass my test, I'm getting a little 'bubble' three door powder blue micra.

*waits for the criticism*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Sell it meeeeeeeeeeee

When I pass my test, I'm getting a little 'bubble' three door powder blue micra.

*waits for the criticism*
    haha lool well it cnt critise. I guess a car is a car, lol

ReputationRep:
    Ditch it and buy a proper car that goes faster than 50mph and doesn't sound like it's powered by a hairdryer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pipsi)
    Ditch it and buy a proper car that goes faster than 50mph and doesn't sound like it's powered by a hairdryer.
    cant say i agree, my micra goes 130 is amazingly quiet. No one has said anything worthwhile other than JC and a few other people. Theres no valid reason for me to ditch it as JC said. So i have decided to keep it.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.