Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an ongoing dilemma on holiday, and I was hoping someone could help solve it!

You know when you get out of the pool, and your bikini is all wet, then you want to put something on to cover up and go get a drink or something. Has anyone found anything you can wear over your wet bikini that doesn't end up with big obvious wet patches from the wet bikini??

Probably a very odd question, but I would appreciate anyone sharing their wisdom!!

ReputationRep:
    towel/ sarong.

ReputationRep:
    kaftan?

ReputationRep:
    A towel.

ReputationRep:
    I just put a vest top on.

ReputationRep:
    Towel, everyone does it

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping for something more fashionable than a towel! And vest tops tend to show wet patches, I was thinking more of a type of material that doesn't show up wet patches

ReputationRep:
    wet tshirt ftw

What about a Kaftan? some are really nice and can be paired with shorts.

ReputationRep:
    As suggested before. Kaftans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisaanne)
    I was hoping for something more fashionable than a towel! And vest tops tend to show wet patches, I was thinking more of a type of material that doesn't show up wet patches
    wear a black or dark kaftan...no wet patches cos its black and its light so its cool x

ReputationRep:
    Lol well err i think it's impossible to not get anything wet if your already wet :P
    Just quickly dry off with a towel or lie in the sun for 5 mins and you'll get dry really quick, then you can throw something over your bikini and go get a drink all nice and dry. Then after your drink you can jump back in the pool and do it all over again

ReputationRep:
    Just let your towel soak it up (scrunch up your bikini top to get all the water out) and then pretty much any thin fabric goes

ReputationRep:
    um........
    yeah, just put a kaftan on.

ReputationRep:
    i generally put something like this on:

ReputationRep:
    T -shirt.
    Its generally accepted that girls get wet patches from bikini. Its okay for just padding into the hotel for the loo and getting a drink etc.

ReputationRep:
    I got this kaftan from M&S its really nice and cheap too! You have to towel off to get the excess moisture off your bikini, but the kaftan still gets a little wet. If you're on holiday somewhere warm though it shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/pr...ze=9&rh=&page=

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.