Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bascially, I'm looking for some straight leg jeans. I have a pair from Topshop, in a style called Martha. They have just started to get holes on both knees, and I don't particularly want jeans that are ripped. I went into Topshop thinking I could buy exactly the same jeans, but the only ones they do in that style now are a a really dark wash, with a button on the pocket at the back. I just simply want a pair of straight leg jeans, in a medium wash. Can anyone suggest where to get some from that are a pretty decent quality? Primark trousers don't fit me, the only ones they do in Dorothy Perkins are 'petite', and Miss Selfridge don't even seem to do straight leg styles. Help!

ReputationRep:
    M&s?

ReputationRep:
    They do straight leg non-petite jeans in DP. I was going to buy some the other day.

Try New Look.

ReputationRep:
    h&m have the best skinny jeans in my experience, i've had a pair for ages and they're still as good as new. and i bought a pair of gorgeous skinny jeans from zara yesterday for a tenner cos they were on sale! h&m and zara definitely

ReputationRep:
    straight leg in republic

(Original post by Kittennffc)
    Bascially, I'm looking for some straight leg jeans. I have a pair from Topshop, in a style called Martha. They have just started to get holes on both knees, and I don't particularly want jeans that are ripped. I went into Topshop thinking I could buy exactly the same jeans, but the only ones they do in that style now are a a really dark wash, with a button on the pocket at the back. I just simply want a pair of straight leg jeans, in a medium wash. Can anyone suggest where to get some from that are a pretty decent quality? Primark trousers don't fit me, the only ones they do in Dorothy Perkins are 'petite', and Miss Selfridge don't even seem to do straight leg styles. Help!
    Next sell really nice straight leg jeans Only £25 too. Don't buy DP jeans, the quality is poor, I've had two pairs fall apart within 6 months of purchase. http://www.next.co.uk/shot.asp?extra...26nbsp%3bJeans

ReputationRep:
    River Island have a few pairs?

New Look as well, but I've always found jeans from there are incredibly baggy at the front crotch part and make you look like you've got a secret penis hiding in there :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    There has to be at least one high street shop that does straight leg jeans. Look around. Topman/Topshop jeans are good but are expensive and holes appear after a year or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    There has to be at least one high street shop that does straight leg jeans. Look around. Topman/Topshop jeans are good but are expensive and holes appear after a year or so.
    Topshop do one pair, and they are dark, which I said I didn't want in my original post :rolleyes:

Happydinosaur - those are really nice actually! I never go in Next and hate the place (I used to work there so have boycotted the place since leaving 5 years ago...) but might go in and try them on. The only trouble is they aren't in waist/leg length sizes. I have major trouble finding any sort of trousers to fit me if they are just standard short, regular, or long. Are their jeans very good quality? My boyfriend had some from there and the quality was shocking - they went all baggy and weird after only a few months.

I haven't tried New Look or River Island as I don't normally shop there but I might try them. M&S always makes me think of old womens jeans that are really unflattering too :o: I should really shop around more!

ReputationRep:
    Next and H&M deffo! Maybe Gap too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 619hitman)
    Next and H&M deffo! Maybe Gap too...
    I've had Gap jeans in the past and they tend to go really baggy quite quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    h&m have the best skinny jeans in my experience, i've had a pair for ages and they're still as good as new. and i bought a pair of gorgeous skinny jeans from zara yesterday for a tenner cos they were on sale! h&m and zara definitely
    H&M is certainly not high quality and Zara tends to be completely overpriced. The latter is okay for button-up shirts but when it comes to buying jeans I believe that it's better to get a proper pair. I wear pitch black Wranglers myself, that were a 'regular bootcut' but I took them in for a slim-straight fit (not skinny). The thicker material is a definite plus and they keep their colour. I used to buy cheaper jeans but they would get completely washed out.
    I say, Levi's or Wranglers are your best bet and if they're too wide on the bottom - take them in and wear 'em with pride

ReputationRep:
    I've had Gap jeans in the past and they tend to go really baggy quite quickly
    The best pair of jeans I own are from Tesco. They were £10... dark/ medium wash, straight leg with some v.subtle stitching detail on the pocket. Perfect!

I'm not sure they do different leg lengths but my pair are a perfect length and fit on me and I have trouble finding jeans to fit in practically every high street shop.

Give it a go, sounds cheap and horrible but I assure you they're not!

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for some as well.

I asked in New Look if they did them and the girl looked at me like I was mental!

ReputationRep:
    Ive got straight leg styles from miss selfridge before. Im assuming u dont like very tight skinny jeans? my miss selfridge jeans are called skinny jeans but are more like straight leg...have you tried any on in the shop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *CottonCandy*)
    Ive got straight leg styles from miss selfridge before. Im assuming u dont like very tight skinny jeans? my miss selfridge jeans are called skinny jeans but are more like straight leg...have you tried any on in the shop?
    I do like the skinny tight jeans, but tend to wear them on nights out with heels, or in winter under boots. If I'm out during the day I want something a bit more casual, and that I can wear flat shoes with (I have big, well size 6/7 feet so I think I look a bit daft wearing skinny jeans with flat shoes). I did find some in Gap but they didn't have my size, and I couldn't seem to find any in Miss Selfridges so maybe I should give it another try. Our MS shop is quite small though so maybe they don't stock all of the products. I tend to look all the time for them but havn't found any I really like yet. Thanks though guys!

ReputationRep:
    I've got some from Next that are amazing, and I bought 2 pairs from New Look today, they had loads of different styles

ReputationRep:
    Uniqlo!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.