Turn on thread page Beta

Holy **** I am in one massive dilemma watch

Announcements

Right, so I didn't do too well in my first year in uni, so basically I have to resit or leave. I have chosen to leave, as basically I ****** up. My parents were disappointed but supportive. My decision was to work for a year, and reapply next year. My dad was like Ok, however as my parents are christian he wants to send me to this 'World harvest bible training centre' for a year so I can get 'closer' to god. I'm basically like HELL NOOOOOOOOO, but hes quite adamant. Maybe revising for resits won't be that bad (but I will miss out on 2 festivals to get the work done, and it's a **** load of work as I failed all of my exams). So, what the **** do I do? Ps sorry one big paragraph I'm on my phone.

ReputationRep:
    Are you really going to achieve anything by going to a bible training centre? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Lol Lol Lol.

Bible centre? :laugh:

Er, I dunno but that sounds pretty funny. Tell him you want to concentrate on your studies. Get a job so you have another commitment?

If you are 18 and want to leave uni then leave. If you want to try and get through your exams and stay on then do that. Your parents probably think that bible college will give you the opportunity to find yourself - not a totally bad idea as you don't seem to have a clue what you want to do. Maybe think things through and come up with your own strategy and then persuade your parents that you are mature enough to make your own decisions.

ReputationRep:
    It's not really a dilemma.

You're parent's are religious and you could be.

If you don't want to be then just tell them.

You have to weigh up, can you realistically pass your exams?

If not and you're not doing anything else, you may aswel go to the camp and I am sure it will make you a better person.

The choice is totally yours...:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could be employed as a full time priest after a year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Right, so I didn't do too well in my first year in uni, so basically I have to resit or leave. I have chosen to leave, as basically I ****** up. My parents were disappointed but supportive. My decision was to work for a year, and reapply next year. My dad was like Ok, however as my parents are christian he wants to send me to this 'World harvest bible training centre' for a year so I can get 'closer' to god. I'm basically like HELL NOOOOOOOOO, but hes quite adamant. Maybe revising for resits won't be that bad (but I will miss out on 2 festivals to get the work done, and it's a **** load of work as I failed all of my exams). So, what the **** do I do? Ps sorry one big paragraph I'm on my phone.
    :rofl: are you serious??

Im guessing you're 18-20? So no one can force you to go to bible school! and How the **** does that bring you closer to God???

Your parents are jokers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    It's not really a dilemma.

You're parent's are religious and you could be.

If you don't want to be then just tell them.

You have to weigh up, can you realistically pass your exams?

If not and you're not doing anything else, you may aswel go to the camp and I am sure it will make you a better person.

The choice is totally yours...:dontknow:

yeah im goin with this guy...

ReputationRep:
    your whole predicament sucks, hope it turns out okay

ReputationRep:
    so what if you miss the festivals? if you cared enough you'd sell the tickets for big bucks and try not to fail this time round, plus avoid bible center (haaaaa thank penis we ain't religious)

(Original post by Spacecam)
    :lolwut: :toofunny: :rofl: and such at "Bible camp"
    imagine how I feel...I'll just have to tell my dad that I don't want to go. :sigh:

(Original post by Shiny Dirt)
    so what if you miss the festivals? if you cared enough you'd sell the tickets for big bucks and try not to fail this time round, plus avoid bible center (haaaaa thank penis we ain't religious)
    If I had a realistic chance I would sell the tickets etc, but I don't think I can do 1 years work in a month...and I'm not religious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but I will miss out on 2 festivals to get the work done.
    Wrong attitude matey. It sounds harsh, and no offence meant, but it doesn't sound like you should be at uni in the first place? Why did you **** up? Are you doing a course you don't like? Uni is a place to have fun,yes, but it's also serious - and most people manage to balance having fun & work. Most people have the maturity for that. Maybe you're just not suited to academic study?
    I'm not saying you're stupid or anything - just that it sounds like you have the wrong attitude to uni & therefore maybe shouldn't be there.
    How old are you and what are you studying?Have you always wanted to study it or was it a last minute thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Are you really going to achieve anything by going to a bible training centre? :lolwut:
    This

ReputationRep:
    The festivals are surely only a few days each, so you'd still have time to revise. Or, if you want to quit and reapply for next year, just do it. They can't physically force you to go to bible camp.
    Another option is to tell your parents that you have prayed about it and strongly feel that God wants you to take a year out and work. They can't argue with God! :yes:

(Original post by Lee90)
    your whole predicament sucks, hope it turns out okay
    thanks, hopefully it will

(Original post by eenie_pod)
    Wrong attitude matey. It sounds harsh, and no offence meant, but it doesn't sound like you should be at uni in the first place? Why did you **** up? Are you doing a course you don't like? Uni is a place to have fun,yes, but it's also serious - and most people manage to balance having fun & work. Most people have the maturity for that. Maybe you're just not suited to academic study?
    I'm not saying you're stupid or anything - just that it sounds like you have the wrong attitude to uni & therefore maybe shouldn't be there.
    How old are you and what are you studying?Have you always wanted to study it or was it a last minute thing?
    thanks for the feedback. I guess it is the wrong attitude, but I want to start afresh somewhere closer to home. I realise now I had to wrong attitude to uni too, something which I will try to change.

ReputationRep:
    Things like this make me so glad that my parents aren't religious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Yes, he's going to get in touch with God, something he couldn't have done at home apparently :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I am not joking when I tell you this OP: Run. Just ******* grab your shoes and run.
    Run for your life. Don't look back, just run out of your parent's house and live your own life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.