Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

whens the best time of day to take the test Watch

ReputationRep:
    considering it is the summer break, what time is the least busy?

ReputationRep:
    without school i cant see what else would be going on at 2-3ish

ReputationRep:
    I took mine at about 10:15. I think that it was a good time after the rush hour and before most of the shopper traffic.

ReputationRep:
    what about early morning like 8-8:30ish??

ReputationRep:
    Early morning is bad!! you've just woken up and scientifically you've just come out of the delta state of sleeping, you need to be in the alpha state to be totally attentative and I would say around mid-afternoon, early evening is a good time

ReputationRep:
    DURING rush hour.

Spend half the time in the traffic jam, not much actual driving.

Well, it's what I'd like to think :P

ReputationRep:
    I took mine on a Tuesday at about 10.00

Passed first time with two minors

ReputationRep:
    I took mine at 9.17. Got up, got ready, went out and did it. No waiting about in the day to worry about it.
    Passed first time with 4 minors (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahmx)
    I took mine at 9.17. Got up, got ready, went out and did it. No waiting about in the day to worry about it.
    Well Done

I got mine at 9.17 as well :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andylol)
    Well Done

I got mine at 9.17 as well :yes:

Thanks lol.

ReputationRep:

That's when mine was and I passed 1st time. I don't recall it being busy and didn't come across a single car when doing my manoeuvers which I was dreading beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    if u live in london you take what you are given. slots are few and far between lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andylol)
    DURING rush hour.

Spend half the time in the traffic jam, not much actual driving.

Well, it's what I'd like to think :P
    I didnt really believe it but this is actually true. My second cousin did his test just before christmas when everywhere was packed with traffic. He didnt get to drive very far and he passed.

ReputationRep:
    I think I did mine bout 11, the traffic wasn't bad at all...
    don't think I would've liked to do it in rush hour... I figure there would've been alot cars then if you where trying to do the manoeuvers which would be quite unnerving...

ReputationRep:
    Mine was origionally for 10.24 and then the DSA re-booked it for 11.21. Passed first time at 11.21, very little cars on the road and i know alot of people who did their test around 10am/10.30am and passed first time.

ReputationRep:
    okay, what about on a saturday, i figure ealy morning say, 9 o clock is better than midday or later on a saturday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahmx)
    Mine was at 9.17 too! I passed first time with 3 minors. Everywhere was quiet as it's just after rush hour :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.