Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    I wonder why physics is dominated by male students, is it because men are capable, or because women are incapable :rolleyes:
    I don't think it has anything to do with capability, lol. It's just that women tend to like social/creative subjects, like art, english, psychology etc. Whereas men usually prefer analysing and problem-solving, so more of them choose Physics/Maths/Computing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenkz)
    hey, hopefully if my results are good! I'll be doing physics in Oct
    Best of luck. Hope to see you there!

I did my A levels last year, it's so good not to have upcoming results to worry about..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lykastar)
    I don't think it has anything to do with capability, lol. It's just that women tend to like social/creative subjects, like art, english, psychology etc. Whereas men usually prefer analysing and problem-solving, so more of them choose Physics/Maths/Computing.
    LOL yeah spot on. I was just messing around, trying to get a reaction out of the one or two girls that would view this thread. Unfortunately your reply was too polite, I was expecting a rant :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    You guys just think you're IT!!! For your information girls always outperform boys in every subject at school, and more of us make it to uni each year! We're just as good as you, if not a hell of a lot better! So don't shove your sexist views down my throat!!! *growls*

I suppose this will be a more satisfactory response

ReputationRep:
    You guys just think you're IT!!! For your information girls always outperform boys in every subject at school, and more of us make it to uni each year! We're just as good as you, if not a hell of a lot better! So don't shove your sexist views down my throat!!! *growls*

I suppose this will be a more satisfactory response
    I agree! I'm planning to do physics too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brecken)
    I agree! I'm planning to do physics too
    Girls rule, we'll show 'em!

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm told Imperial overall has relatively less female students, and Physics being a male-dominated subject anyway, I'm hoping I'm not the only one...
    go for it sister!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blip)
    go for it sister!
    Thank you, I will. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Girls rule, we'll show 'em!
    You said it! lol, guess i'll be seeing lots of you then? See you at fresher's also?

ReputationRep:
    This is an amusing spectacle. Can you imagine the same conversation taking place between a group of guys? (obviously with the relevant words replaced) Girl power

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brecken)
    You said it! lol, guess i'll be seeing lots of you then? See you at fresher's also?
    Sure thing, we should meet up and start a feminist society, lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    This is an amusing spectacle. Can you imagine the same conversation taking place between a group of guys? (obviously with the relevant words replaced) Girl power
    Nope, can't imagine guys having meaningful conversations :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, can't imagine guys having meaningful conversations :p:
    Jesus, you call this meaningful? I feel so sorry for you :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    Jesus, you call this meaningful? I feel so sorry for you :p:
    Of course it's meaningful, it shows girls have ambition! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ, women thinking they can be as good as men. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    Jesus Christ, women thinking they can be as good as men. :rolleyes:
    I would appeal to Jesus too, if I (were Christian and) heard women wanted to be as good as men. One should seek self-improvement, after all. Not the opposite! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I would appeal to Jesus too, if I (were Christian and) heard women wanted to be as good as men. One should seek self-improvement, after all. Not the opposite! :p:
    :pierre:

If you're at Imperial next year I'm going to hunt you down and rain misogyny down upon you relentlessly. Just ask "Pulkpull" (who, incidentally, is my Physics lab partner at Imperial) about Susan. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    :pierre:

If you're at Imperial next year I'm going to hunt you down and rain misogyny down upon you relentlessly. Just ask "Pulkpull" (who, incidentally, is my Physics lab partner at Imperial) about Susan. :awesome:
    Oh, who is Susan?

It seems to moi that the male Physics students of Imperial College London are in desperate need of having some respect for the fairer and greater sex instilled into their minds.

I therefore see it as my noble duty to right all the wrongs and guide these misguided souls so that they may be Saved.

I have an unconditional offer so I shall be at Imperial next year unless I die. And even if that happens, I shall return to haunt you all until you promise to kiss the ground us females walk upon!

Be afraid, be veeeeeery afraid....

ReputationRep:
    Oh, who is Susan?

It seems to moi that the male Physics students of Imperial College London are in desperate need of having some respect for the fairer and greater sex instilled into their minds.
    This is why women will never be as good as men. :pierre: Susan is a girl to whom myself and Pulkpull (mostly me) are incredibly sexist. :pierre:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.