Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not sure whether this would be best posted in the music bit or not but here goes anyways.
    Basically I wanted to go to Beni this year but due to many problems (completely unrelated to the festival) me and my friend weren't able to go.
    So anyways we are planning to go next year. A couple of people I sort of know went this year said it was really good but didnt enjoy the whole camping side of it because they had little sleep and found it made them spend more money on food etc. So what I was wondering is if anyone has been before and stayed in apartments? There seem to be a few in a town near by (about 20 mins drive) but not really any in Beni. Also is it always the same week in July? Anything would be a help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5697)
    Not sure whether this would be best posted in the music bit or not but here goes anyways.
    Basically I wanted to go to Beni this year but due to many problems (completely unrelated to the festival) me and my friend weren't able to go.
    So anyways we are planning to go next year. A couple of people I sort of know went this year said it was really good but didnt enjoy the whole camping side of it because they had little sleep and found it made them spend more money on food etc. So what I was wondering is if anyone has been before and stayed in apartments? There seem to be a few in a town near by (about 20 mins drive) but not really any in Beni. Also is it always the same week in July? Anything would be a help
    A friend and I had also planned going but then we couldn't go in the end but Im so glad that I didn't go as two friends of ours ended up with swine flu( Its obviously all media hyped but they're in hospital nevertheless), KOL couldn't play, Foals and Lily Allen we're ill, there was a fire and it was extremely windy.... I am planning on going next year though and I defo wanna camp, thats half of the experience imo..I can always sleep when I get back home

ReputationRep:
    Haha yes one night it was insanely windy!! But lots of sun most of the time

Oasis and 2ManyDJs were also immense.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there was heat, sweat, bad food, swine flu, incredible winds, cancellations, poor organisation and extremely cold showers but I would do it all again.

What a festival. There's a really mellow vibe during the day when you're all having lazy Spanish meals and going to the beach and then having an even better time partying at night. Granted KOL was a big let down but that just made everyone around us even more determined to have fun for the rest of the festival. Peaches really surprised me because I never heard any of her stuff but she was a fun performer and 2ManyDJs were amazing.

I would recommend it to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I went ^_^
    Despite the weather and the cancellations etc. it is a really good festival. The atmosphere on the camp (even during galeforce winds and with tents flying everywhere) is great, everyone around us helped each other and had a laugh and a joke. The queue for the showers on camp is manic but there are showers on the beach, which may be freezing but after you've been lying in 30+ degree heat you tend to appreciate the cold!

If I went again I probably wouldn't even go in an apartment. We went to the local supermarkets every day to buy food, averaged maybe 4 euros a meal if that, a bottle of water is only 20 cents! We went out for a proper dinner one night and even then it only came to 10 euros each, plus another 2 for icecream after. Some of my friends managed to get a 3 course meal for 8 euros!

I was in the Beni camp which is a walkable distance from the festival, and if you're planning on drinking you don't want to be worrying about how you're going to get back to your apartment (which, as you say, will probably be quite far out). If you're having to spend money on taxis or car rentals you're not saving anything!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.