Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No idea what to do at the gym Watch

ReputationRep:
    Please go on the rowing machines if you don't know what to do on them (like pretty much everyone in the gym), it really makes me feel good to go at half the rate and twice the speed because I have good technique.

Also the huge "whhoooosh!" I hear from my machine over everyone elses is a great ego booster.

ReputationRep:
    Lift stuff.

Barbells, dumbbells, tables, cats, the infirm, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Can I make a visible difference in 6 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pri-x)
    i go to golds gym and at my induction the instructor thought i was so useless he told me whenever he's working he'l be my personal instructor but he helps me out even when he's not working so try there =) oh and he's reeeeallly sexy!
    Has he took you to the sauna and ****** your brains out yet? That is what he wants. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    I'm joing the gym tommorrow but I have NO idea what to do.

I know I'm going to do alot of swimming for at least an hour, maybe more. I want to lose fat and build muscle.
    I'm about 130lb now 5 ft 4, but skinny fat.

What the hell do I do?
    Does the gym provide you with a programme? Most people, when they first join a gym, just go from machine to machine and have no structure. Doing that is almost wasting your time.

With regards to swimming, I'd recommend doing that after your time in the gym (if you're doing weights) because you burn more fat by doing cardio after you've done a session with weights.

PM me more details of what you're trying to achieve and I'll see if I can help.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell are you guys doing? She's asking for genuine help and nobody has even given her any decent advice. We have an opportunity to add one more hot girl to this world, the more girls that know how to get awesome bodies, the better, for mankind.

OP, this thread should give you a good overview, read it all:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post18483260

ReputationRep:
    Cardio things like tredmill, crosstrainer and excersize bike- is 20 minutes on each reasonable?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? I really am clueless.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.