Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Everything happens for a reason? Watch

I have made mistakes with previous boyfriends and feel like i have ruined things.

Do you think things happen for a reason? If you are supposed to be with someone things/people always have a way of coming back someway or another no matter what happens. If they don't come back then your just not supposed to be with them. or that its complete BS?

Keep anoymous or delete.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't.

ReputationRep:
    karma?

ReputationRep:
    Did you watch Serendipity lately? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I feel things happen for a reason :yes: But other times I think they just happen.

ReputationRep:
    Yes....what goes around comes around

Things happen for a reason..its called karma :/

(Original post by HenryChan)
    karma?
    what?

I think everything works out in the end, one way or another. Or we become more accepting of what happens to us, as the alternative is to become boring, self absorbed, navel gazers and that would never do.

(Original post by Remi91)
    Yes....what goes around comes around

Things happen for a reason..its called karma :/
    I hope your not implying i deserve bad things to happen to me. I have never done anything to hurt anyone, i just mean i feel i have pushed people away a bit down to personal insecurities

ReputationRep:
    I half believe that everything happens for a reason - I believe that everything that happens to us makes us a better, more strong person, whether we realise it at the time or not. So it could be said that it happens for a reason.

I'd also like to believe that if two people are 'meant to be' then someday, somehow, they will be. Whether that's true or just my wishful thinking is another matter ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I hope your not implying i deserve bad things to happen to me. I have never done anything to hurt anyone, i just mean i feel i have pushed people away a bit down to personal insecurities
    No im not implying anything..just saying that what goes around comes around...and that i think things are meant to be or sometimes not meant to be

ReputationRep:
    No things don't 'happen for a reason' and there's no such thing as 'fate' contrary to whatever a few half wits might say. To suggest such a notion of karma or things happening for reasons we don't understand is pure nonsense at best.

People make their own choices and paths in life.

ReputationRep:
    no, I don't believe in fate. Everything has a cause, but this doesn't mean everything happens due to some kind of cosmic plan.

ReputationRep:
    During English Lit we studied Blood Brothers (the play) which focuses a lot on the idea of fate and destiny etc. Our English teacher drummed into us the idea that only stupid uneducated people believe in fate, that we make and shape our own lives and when we believe otherwise we're allowing ourselves to be controlled, ie if we believe in a superstition.

I agree with what she says, but occasionally I can't help but wonder, especially if some crazy coincidence occurs, if there is something that shapes our future, some plan. But then again, my rational side says we control our own lives.

ReputationRep:
    Everything does not happen for a reason. **** happens because people make it happen.

ReputationRep:
    Bs

ReputationRep:
    'There is no fate but what we make.'

The Terminator really has it all.

ReputationRep:
    Things happen because people make them happen. You can't blame the universe for your mistakes, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that they do, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have made mistakes with previous boyfriends and feel like i have ruined things.

Do you think things happen for a reason? If you are supposed to be with someone things/people always have a way of coming back someway or another no matter what happens. If they don't come back then your just not supposed to be with them. or that its complete BS?

Keep anoymous or delete.
    EVERYTHING happens for a reason!

I honestly belive that, I think that the problem is that people don't learn from things that happen so never see\realise the reason behind stuff ...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.