Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Everything happens for a reason? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondyx)
    Aww thats a good example. Hope thing work out for you and this girl.
    Thanks! Me too!

ReputationRep:
    how do you know a persons energy level?

so instead of things happening for a reason as in we meet people 'who are supposed to meet' and life has a way of bringing us to people that we should be, you think we kind of make our own choices by the path we choose to take? and just so happens we meet people with a similar path
    I think you know the person's energy by receiving a part of it. Everyone radiates their own waves, and when you feel someone elses it feels as if you're experiencing what they're feeling for a brief moment. But if you're in a conversation with someone and you really get along it comes to you in a burst - like a warmth oozing over you. When I'm in really good company and there's sincerity in air, I can definitely feel myself sending a similar thing. We all do it, but whether you are aware of this depends on your given sensitivity.
    For a lack of a better word, I really feel blessed for having met some absolutely fantastic individuals. But what determined me meeting them? And what determined my path in the first place?
    We all have a completely different dispositions and through trial and error you eventually find out what really tickles your fancy. Some manage this earlier, others struggle and find out later. If one remains true to their passion from the start a path is formed, but it does not stand in isolation. It is bound to be intersected by others and if you're not careful, if you're not on your guard, you may be carried away from your given goal. You will meet the "right" and the "wrong" people. The right ones will either be a constant in your life or they might come and go. But always, they will teach you something valuable and this works vica versa. So essentially your path never stands in isolation (as we'd like to think) but is open to influence and is essentially a combined effort.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think particular people you meet your meant to?
    yes I realised this more when i went to university..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have made mistakes with previous boyfriends and feel like i have ruined things.

Do you think things happen for a reason? If you are supposed to be with someone things/people always have a way of coming back someway or another no matter what happens. If they don't come back then your just not supposed to be with them. or that its complete BS?

Keep anoymous or delete.
    Things happen for a reason do not be disheartened (Y)

ReputationRep:
    It helps me to think that everything happens for a reason.
    I mean, everything that happens has an effect on something else, and in turn that effects something else, so saying 'everything happens for a reason' may just be hoping that eventually something good will happen, but by then you wouldnt be able to trace it back to the original event that you thought happened for a reason.
    And then if anything good happens you can pretend its linked to something tossy that's happened before, thus justifying the belief.
    But really its the coping mechanism for the fact that good and bad things happen without any apparent links between them.

(Original post by amber2008)
    yes I realised this more when i went to university..
    I think the same. Alot of things that happen and people you meet are just coincidence, but i think if you are supposed to meet someone you will. I have sometimes had feelings about where i should go. I was trying to decide on a college and i went to an open day for one and just had a really good feeling like that is where i was supposed to be. I met an ex there and i was with him for 2 years and met a few people im still really close to now that i really connect with.

I made a friend when i was about 8, im now 20 and we get along and connect more than any other person i have met.

Same with my uni, i just got a feeling about it and am really glad i chose to go there. I have met some people that were bad for me, but also the experience has taught me alot and. Even what you think is a bad experience helps you in the future and you realise later that its supposed to be that way.
    if you are supposed to be with people they always have a way of naturally coming back into your life.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Red Dust)
    I half believe that everything happens for a reason - I believe that everything that happens to us makes us a better, more strong person, whether we realise it at the time or not. So it could be said that it happens for a reason.

I'd also like to believe that if two people are 'meant to be' then someday, somehow, they will be. Whether that's true or just my wishful thinking is another matter ...
    I agree with this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amber2008)
    totally agree with this you put it in a nutshell xx
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I have made mistakes with previous boyfriends and feel like i have ruined things.

Do you think things happen for a reason? If you are supposed to be with someone things/people always have a way of coming back someway or another no matter what happens. If they don't come back then your just not supposed to be with them. or that its complete BS?

i am exactly the same as u! like 100 % read my story http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=754360

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.