The Student Room Group

Why do people have trouble understanding this?

You know that old argument "if a girl sleeps with X amount of guys, she's a slag, but why if a boy sleeps with X amount of girls it's not the same"

why do people not seem to grasp the fact that a girl can have sex anytime she is in a club, a guy as to hope the girl says yes.

sex is much more easily available to women, so of course we're going to use derogatory terms to women who open their legs to anything with an XY chromosome.
guys, on the other hand, have to go through several rejections to get girls. evidently it would take him longer to have as many partners as a girl, so it would obviously deserve more credit

obviously there's guys that do anything with a vaggy, but the opportunity for a girl to sleep with an attractive partner is much higher than a guy vice versa.

so my point is, why do people even question this?
Edit: for PC terms i will replace slag with "overly sexually promiscuous woman"

Scroll to see replies

I think I lost concentration when you said 'vaggy'
Lulz.
Absoultely in agreement with u op, Iv heard of teenage virgin guys commiting suicide because they think their destined to be lonely
Reply 3
Why do people call Hitler evil? Think of all that effort he went to to gas all those jews. That obviously deserves credit. Logic fail.

It is about morals. Male and female.
Why do we have to use derogatory terms at all?
Reply 5
oh wow
Why do people call Hitler evil? Think of all that effort he went to to gas all those jews. That obviously deserves credit. Logic fail.

It is about morals. Male and female.

bull
hardly, if you like having sex and the girls enjoy sex, what's morally wrong with that?
that brings me back to the fact that sex is more easily available to women, so i stay by the fact that a woman is a sl*g if she sleeps with multiple men over a short period of time
Reply 6
pinkspiders
I think I lost concentration when you said 'vaggy'
Lulz.

:ditto:
Labels like "slut" and the idea that monogamy is normal are purely invented by society.
Reply 8
9MmBulletz
bull
hardly, if you like having sex and the girls enjoy sex, what's morally wrong with that?
that brings me back to the fact that sex is more easily available to women, so i stay by the fact that a woman is a sl*g if she sleeps with multiple men over a short period of time

There is nothing morally wrong with that. But if people have a problem with it it should be for those reasons, rather than having different standards for who it is more easily available to. Anyway, a hot guy can pretty much have any girl he likes in a club just as a hot girl can.
if you have a problem with girls getting it too easily compared to guys then learn to say no.

but you wont because you`d want it just as much so its hardly the girls fault.
how is opportunity for sex really that important when it comes to calling a girl a slag for number of partners. Firstly yes most girls could get laid on any night out if they wanted to but mostly they will not want to sleep with what they COULD get so no I wouldn't say women have that much more opportunity to have sex than men. Also surely if a women has slept with the same amount of people as a man who apparently finds it harder to pull she shouldn't be classed as a slag because she has had more opportunity but has refrained from many whilst the male is only at that number because thats all he has managed whilst if he could get more he would. Shouldn't we be calling the male a slag then?! That was such a misogynyst statement, why can men and women be seen equally when it comes to number of sexual partners. Women enjoy sex to you know so if men can have sex without a relationship and it not be frowned upon what exactly is so different about a women that means she can't do the same!
-Bitchslap.-

kthxbai.
Reply 12
oh wow
There is nothing morally wrong with that. But if people have a problem with it it should be for those reasons, rather than having different standards for who it is more easily available to. Anyway, a hot guy can pretty much have any girl he likes in a club just as a hot girl can.

clearly you don't go to enough clubs
as hard as you may think it is to grasp, girls in club have their guard up because they know creepy guys are around, so even if a guy is good looking, the guy needs to know how to talk to and attract women. girls just wait for the approach.
a fit shy girl will get way more offers than a fit shy guy
Why do words have to get involved?

Sex is sex is awesome.
^Needs some now he's been thinking about it.
:lolwut:
At the end of the day, we're all sluts. Now quit the name-calling and face the facts.
Reply 15
Kimbo99
how is opportunity for sex really that important when it comes to calling a girl a slag for number of partners. Firstly yes most girls could get laid on any night out if they wanted to but mostly they will not want to sleep with what they COULD get so no I wouldn't say women have that much more opportunity to have sex than men. Also surely if a women has slept with the same amount of people as a man who apparently finds it harder to pull she shouldn't be classed as a slag because she has had more opportunity but has refrained from many whilst the male is only at that number because thats all he has managed whilst if he could get more he would. Shouldn't we be calling the male a slag then?! That was such a misogynyst statement, why can men and women be seen equally when it comes to number of sexual partners. Women enjoy sex to you know so if men can have sex without a relationship and it not be frowned upon what exactly is so different about a women that means she can't do the same!

my point is that the opportunity to ahve sex is greater for a woman, so if she sleeps with anyone that offers she is a slag.
of course both sides enjoy it, not denying one bit.
with a man, yes he is always offering himself, but he knows he can't always get lay so he has to put himself out there, because men are expected to approach get rejected and keep their chin up. men, have to go through the whole process of getting rejected and pulling up their socks. women just say no until they find someone they want to do it with

My point is men have to approach, women don't.
If two people are playing a game on the same levels, one finds it easier than the other, he should move up levels unless he won't give himself a challenge.
with women, she would find it easier to get more partners, so she should be more hard with guys and say no.
hope i made sense
Reply 16
Cultivated
:lolwut:
At the end of the day, we're all sluts. Now quit the name-calling and face the facts.

not calling you sluts. just saying that the statement "if a women has slept with X guys..." holds water
dont worry
you dont seem like a slag
Reply 17
9MmBulletz

this
Reply 18
So your basic question can be compressed into....

9MmBulletz

sex is much more easily available to women, so of course we're going to use derogatory terms to women who open their legs to anything with an XY chromosome.

so my point is, why do people even question this
?

Answer: we question it because it's misgoynist.
Reply 19
9MmBulletz
clearly you don't go to enough clubs
as hard as you may think it is to grasp, girls in club have their guard up because they know creepy guys are around, so even if a guy is good looking, the guy needs to know how to talk to and attract women. girls just wait for the approach.

Well of course you need some kind of social skills, so do girls. That isn't the the point though. Saying yes to something you want when there is nothing wrong with it does not make anybody a slag, however often it may be offered to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending