Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people have trouble understanding this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    here's a better analogy
    a woman is a university
    a boy is a prospective student
    university receive applications from several students(girls get approached by many guys),many of which they have to reject(speaks for itself).
    the applicants applies to some unis and obviously goes to the best uni that accepts him (the guy approaches many girls, and hopes for acceptance)
    if a uni accepted every applicant, it would be oversubscribed (if she lets any guy sleep with her, woman has an STD or a bucket)
    not a great analogy, but you get my point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    not calling you sluts. just saying that the statement "if a women has slept with X guys..." holds water
    dont worry
    you dont seem like a ****
    I'm only joking, I see your point and I only tried to sarcastically promote equality by calling us all sluts, instead of aiming it at a particular person :awesome:

No one's a slut though. Some of us just like to sleep around more than others :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh wow)
    Well of course you need some kind of social skills, so do girls. That isn't the the point though. Saying yes to something you want when there is nothing wrong with it does not make anybody a ****, however often it may be offered to you.
    the guys are actually having standards and choosing
    the girl is just saying yes to anything
    big difference

ReputationRep:
    my point is that the opportunity to ahve sex is greater for a woman, so if she sleeps with anyone that offers she is a ****.
    of course both sides enjoy it, not denying one bit.
    with a man, yes he is always offering himself, but he knows he can't always get lay so he has to put himself out there, because men are expected to approach get rejected and keep their chin up. men, have to go through the whole process of getting rejected and pulling up their socks. women just say no until they find someone they want to do it with

My point is men have to approach, women don't.
    If two people are playing a game on the same levels, one finds it easier than the other, he should move up levels unless he won't give himself a challenge.
    with women, she would find it easier to get more partners, so she should be more hard with guys and say no.
    hope i made sense
    didn't quite understand the last bit about levels? and also I this is more a case for people rather than women and men?! Some women find it much harder to get laid than some men therefore this should not be generalised to gender, more like attractiveness. I still think your argument is flawed and the fact that men get rejected but women less is no reason to call a women a slut for having slept with so many people. Surely a person regardless of gender should be classed as a "slut" after a certain amount of people not a certain number for women then a certain number for men. Seriously why is it socially acceptable for men to go spread their seed but not acceptable for women to have verious sexual partners-please don't reply to this last bit with the same argument

ReputationRep:
    ok i wont say slut, ill just say loose vaginated women

ReputationRep:
    Within my group of friends at least, it seems that a guy that sleeps around is a jerk and a girl who does is being her "own woman" and "has the right to sleep with who ever she wants" etc.

ReputationRep:
    You know that old argument "if a girl sleeps with X amount of guys, she's a ****, but why if a boy sleeps with X amount of girls it's not the same"

why do people not seem to grasp the fact that a girl can have sex anytime she is in a club, a guy as to hope the girl says yes.

sex is much more easily available to women, so of course we're going to use derogatory terms to women who open their legs to anything with an XY chromosome.
    guys, on the other hand, have to go through several rejections to get girls. evidently it would take him longer to have as many partners as a girl, so it would obviously deserve more credit

obviously there's guys that do anything with a vaggy, but the opportunity for a girl to sleep with an attractive partner is much higher than a guy vice versa.

so my point is, why do people even question this?
    You're forgetting that 95% of the time the word '****' is used, especially by a girl, jealousy is involved and that is the reason for much of the resentment and name calling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimbo99)
    didn't quite understand the last bit about levels? and also I this is more a case for people rather than women and men?! Some women find it much harder to get laid than some men therefore this should not be generalised to gender, more like attractiveness. I still think your argument is flawed and the fact that men get rejected but women less is no reason to call a women a slut for having slept with so many people. Surely a person regardless of gender should be classed as a "slut" after a certain amount of people not a certain number for women then a certain number for men. Seriously why is it socially acceptable for men to go spread their seed but not acceptable for women to have verious sexual partners-please don't reply to this last bit with the same argument
    evolution is the reason why women can't spread their seed as much.
    men are made to almost fight over girls, women have to choose a partner.
    because all the woman has to say is yes or no, if you say yes all the time, you are pretty easy.
    whereas men aren't saying yes. they're choosing women they want to do it with

ReputationRep:
    the guys are actually having standards and choosing
    the girl is just saying yes to anything
    big difference
    Evidence of definite trolling :woo:
    (It's nice to know there aren't really so many mysoginists)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh wow)
    Evidence of definite trolling :woo:
    (It's nice to know there aren't really so many mysoginists)
    lol how am i trolling
    apparently expressing a point of view different to others is trolling
    you have a problem, go sex the sleaseball you see in the club next saturday :p:

ReputationRep:
    You know that old argument "if a girl sleeps with X amount of guys, she's a ****, but why if a boy sleeps with X amount of girls it's not the same"

why do people not seem to grasp the fact that a girl can have sex anytime she is in a club, a guy as to hope the girl says yes.

sex is much more easily available to women, so of course we're going to use derogatory terms to women who open their legs to anything with an XY chromosome.
    guys, on the other hand, have to go through several rejections to get girls. evidently it would take him longer to have as many partners as a girl, so it would obviously deserve more credit

obviously there's guys that do anything with a vaggy, but the opportunity for a girl to sleep with an attractive partner is much higher than a guy vice versa.

so my point is, why do people even question this?
    If you take 2 people, one male and the other female, both 25, the double standard goes as follows:

The guy has had 25 partners he's a 'stud' (not my opinion!)
    The girls has had 25 partners she's a ****/easy (equally, not my opinion).

Equal stats, different response = double standards...hence why 'we' question it!

Sensible answer over...stop trolling and/or grow up (whichever applies)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    If you take 2 people, one male and the other female, both 25, the double standard goes as follows:

Equal stats, different response = double standards...hence why 'we' question it!

equal stats-wtf?
    have you even taken into fact that how many appraches the guy has gone through to get the 25 partners compared to the girl?
    seriouslt gtfo, you talk about stats and one of the most important stats (approaches:sex ratio) is not even considered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)

Equal stats would be:
    guy chats up 25 girls and they all say yes
    girl gets chat up by 25 guys and she says yes

however real life stats would be:
    guy chats up 100 girls, gets slapped 75 times for his cheesy pick up lines and gets jiggy 25 times
    girl gets chat up 25 times and says yes

hardly equal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hayko)
    Equal stats would be:
    guy chats up 25 girls and they all say yes
    girl gets chat up by 25 guys and she says yes

however real life stats would be:
    guy chats up 100 girls, gets slapped 75 times for his cheesy pick up lines and gets jiggy 25 times
    girl gets chat up 25 times and says yes

hardly equal?
    my man- exactly what im saying
    how the hell am i trolling man?

ReputationRep:
    evolution is the reason why women can't spread their seed as much.
    men are made to almost fight over girls, women have to choose a partner.
    because all the woman has to say is yes or no, if you say yes all the time, you are pretty easy.
    whereas men aren't saying yes. they're choosing women they want to do it with
    women aren't saying yes all the time they are also choosing who they want to do it with! and although men are more literally spreading their seed society has also changed for women to metaphorically spread their seed.
    Yes women that shag anything that moves is a **** but so is a man for that matter but I don't think a woman is a **** if she has a high sex drive and has therefore had various partners, its not like shes said yes to every guy that comes along it just means when she is attracted to a guy, she wants to sleep with him and if she is attractive enough she usually does. When men do this they are not ****s they are just men! Its not our fault men are usually the ones ininiating sex and I don't think the situation should be seen differently because of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimbo99)
    women aren't saying yes all the time they are also choosing who they want to do it with! and although men are more literally spreading their seed society has also changed for women to metaphorically spread their seed.
    Yes women that shag anything that moves is a **** but so is a man for that matter but I don't think a woman is a **** if she has a high sex drive and has therefore had various partners, its not like shes said yes to every guy that comes along it just means when she is attracted to a guy, she wants to sleep with him and if she is attractive enough she usually does. When men do this they are not ****s they are just men! Its not our fault men are usually the ones ininiating sex and I don't think the situation should be seen differently because of it.
    im not saying all women are ****s
    a guy has sex with 50 girls
    a woman sleeps with 50 guys

the guy has probably approached 200 times to get there, the woman only needs to be approached 50 times
    ill remove ****, but when they say that a woman is promiscuous for sleeping with X partners, its because a woman doesn't even need to try half as hard to get that many partners.
    im not saying women don't have sex with who you want, im just saying its within reason to call a girl promiscuous for having X partners cos if how it easy it is

ReputationRep:
    equal stats-wtf?
    have you even taken into fact that how many appraches the guy has gone through to get the 25 partners compared to the girl?
    seriouslt gtfo, you talk about stats and one of the most important stats (approaches:sex ratio) is not even considered
    The number of approaches is immaterial to me...if having 25 sexual partners at (for example) 25 makes a girl a ****, then surely it says the same about the guy?

If you really want me to take the number of approaches into account, how many girls would that same guy have slept with if his strike ratio had been higher? More importantly, would he have really gone with every girl he approached if he hadn't have been rejected?

_Hayko suggests 3 fails/per success...what opinion do you really expect me to have of a guy who pitches for that many girls?

ReputationRep:
    im not saying all women are ****s
    a guy has sex with 50 girls
    a woman sleeps with 50 guys

the guy has probably approached 200 times to get there, the woman only needs to be approached 50 times
    ill remove ****, but when they say that a woman is promiscuous for sleeping with X partners, its because a woman doesn't even need to try half as hard to get that many partners.
    im not saying women don't have sex with who you want, im just saying its within reason to call a girl promiscuous for having X partners cos if how it easy it is
    Then define 'X'.

Promiscuity is entirely subjective - what is considered normal behaviour by one guy is promiscuous by another's standards (and on occasion considered frigid my a different guy).

ReputationRep:
    Let us all just have free love.

ReputationRep:
    this NUKKA is right

all girls need to do is open their legs and bam...notice even how fat UGLLLLLY GIRLS have sex, because no matter how ugly you are, someone is always hitting it, and also the girl who complain about bein a virgin at a certain age, i don't get, the must look like Golum or somethin

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.