Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people have trouble understanding this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Whether girls can get sex more easily than men is not relevant to the question of morality. You said that enjoying sex is not wrong; logically then whether a girl enjoys sex more often than a guy does or not it is still not going to be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    You're completely contradicting yourself!

If women said yes to everyone, as you just said, then men clearly don't have to work hard, because she'll just say yes. If women don't say yes to everyone, then men have to work harder to have a woman say yes, which was your point in your original post.

You can't argue this ridiculous point with two contradicting points. I agree men do have to work harder, but why you seem to think this means that a woman who has the same number of sexual partners as a man makes her a ****, is beyond me.
    Good post, that completely exposes the OP's failure of logic.

ReputationRep:
    You're completely contradicting yourself!

If women said yes to everyone, as you just said, then men clearly don't have to work hard, because she'll just say yes. If women don't say yes to everyone, then men have to work harder to have a woman say yes, which was your point in your original post.

You can't argue this ridiculous point with two contradicting points. I agree men do have to work harder, but why you seem to think this means that a woman who has the same number of sexual partners as a man makes her a ****, is beyond me.
    Thing is he didn't say all women say yes:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    the guys are actually having standards and choosing
    the girl is just saying yes to anything
    big difference
    so no contradiction...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hayko)
    Thing is he didn't say all women say yes:

so no contradiction...
    In the post I quoted, he said "if women say yes to every man, it makes them a ****".

So I merely pointed out that according to him, this doesn't happen, as so many men get turned down, therefore the girls couldn't all be ****s.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Labels like "slut" and the idea that monogamy is normal are purely invented by society.
    Labels like that and all the other derogatory words for females are simply signs of sexism (ever noticed how most are directed towards females, even if it has nothing to do with said person's sexuality?). And the OP is wrong, it's nothing to do with that. It's just a way to oppress women. To make them think and feel it's 'bad' to go and have sex with lots of guys. It's a way that patriarchal society shuns women for not doing what they expect from them. Because hey afterall aren't women suppose to stay home make sandwiches and just be faithful to their one husband/partner? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well since I hold promiscuous men in just as low a regard as promiscuous women, I really don't have an issue.

(Original post by oh wow)
    Why do people call Hitler evil? Think of all that effort he went to to gas all those jews. That obviously deserves credit. Logic fail.

It is about morals. Male and female.
    Godwin's law fail.

(Original post by The Referee)
    If you take 2 people, one male and the other female, both 25, the double standard goes as follows:

The guy has had 25 partners he's a 'stud' (not my opinion!)
    The girls has had 25 partners she's a ****/easy (equally, not my opinion).

Equal stats, different response = double standards...hence why 'we' question it!

Sensible answer over...stop trolling and/or grow up (whichever applies)
    Wait wait. That is a total double standard in of itself, because of your little "opinion" disclaimers.

You basically said a promiscuous man is not a stud, and a promiscuous woman is not a slut. Therefore, you hold a promiscuous woman in a higher regard.

Do you see the problem here?

ReputationRep:
    In the post I quoted, he said "if women say yes to every man, it makes them a ****".

So I merely pointed out that according to him, this doesn't happen, as so many men get turned down, therefore the girls couldn't all be ****s.
    this is the post you quoted:
    the guys are actually having standards and choosing
    the girl is just saying yes to anything
    big difference
    which doesn't state that all women say yes...

ReputationRep:
    You know that old argument "if a girl sleeps with X amount of guys, she's a ****, but why if a boy sleeps with X amount of girls it's not the same"

why do people not seem to grasp the fact that a girl can have sex anytime she is in a club, a guy as to hope the girl says yes.

sex is much more easily available to women, so of course we're going to use derogatory terms to women who open their legs to anything with an XY chromosome.
    guys, on the other hand, have to go through several rejections to get girls. evidently it would take him longer to have as many partners as a girl, so it would obviously deserve more credit

obviously there's guys that do anything with a vaggy, but the opportunity for a girl to sleep with an attractive partner is much higher than a guy vice versa.

so my point is, why do people even question this?
    Edit: for PC terms i will replace **** with "overly sexually promiscuous woman"
    That's really quite a generalisation . . .
    On the whole, I don't think the chances of women having sex are higher than that of men.
    Because if you're talking about straight sex, obviously there'll be one of each involved in each encounter . . .

Also, if by your logic women have a greater number of oppurtunities to have sex, surely if a women and a man had slept with the same number of people, the man is the one who should be looked down on as he has said yes to a greater percentage of offers made to him.

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah_x)
    That's really quite a generalisation . . .
    On the whole, I don't think the chances of women having sex are higher than that of men.
    Because if you're talking about straight sex, obviously there'll be one of each involved in each encounter . . .
    x
    Individual encounters don't measure how many times individuals do it with others. You can have one man sleeping with five women or five men each sleeping with one woman, and you're going to have one man and one woman in each encounter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    Individual encounters don't measure how many times individuals do it with others. You can have one man sleeping with five women or five men each sleeping with one woman, and you're going to have one man and one woman in each encounter.
    I'm talking about simple sex, if you add in more than 2 people in each encounter then both arguments fall apart.
    x

ReputationRep:
    Also, if by your logic women have a greater number of oppurtunities to have sex, surely if a women and a man had slept with the same number of people, the man is the one who should be looked down on as he has said yes to a greater percentage of offers made to him.
    x
    What?
    He had to put effort into getting to that same number since he will have been rejected along the way. Nobody offered him anything...

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking about simple sex, if you add in more than 2 people in each encounter then both arguments fall apart.
    x
    How does it fall apart?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hayko)
    What?
    He had to put effort into getting to that same number since he will have been rejected along the way. Nobody offered him anything...
    Not necessarily . . .
    And since when has promiscuity had anything to do with effort?
    x

ReputationRep:
    How does it fall apart?
    What you said before you edited that is the best answer . . .
    x

ReputationRep:
    What you said before you edited that is the best answer . . .
    x
    I said that the argument doesn't apply to those encounters. But it doesn't seem relevant, because those encounters aren't nearly as frequent. And I think we can conclude that anyone involved in them is pretty darn promiscuous, whether they be a man or woman.

ReputationRep:
    I said that the argument doesn't apply to those encounters. But it doesn't seem relevant, because those encounters aren't nearly as frequent. And I think we can conclude that anyone involved in them is pretty darn promiscuous, whether they be a man or woman.
    Exactly.
    I'm not sure I understand why you bothered to bring them up.
    x

ReputationRep:
    Exactly.
    I'm not sure I understand why you bothered to bring them up.
    x
    I didn't, I was referring to 5 completely separate 1 on 1 encounters.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily . . .
    And since when has promiscuity had anything to do with effort?
    x
    Well yeah, if you are really desperate nowadays then you can go to a seedy club and get laid regardless of gender without a fuss, however generally speaking guys _have_ to approach so they are the one's making offers, and girls rejecting or saying yes...

ReputationRep:
    OP just basically sounds like he's bitter about being the guy and therefore having to do the chasing and not the rejecting?

ReputationRep:
    there's no such thing as an XY chromosome.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.