Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people have trouble understanding this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    oh my god, the amount of times i've heard people say 'a girl can get a shag whenever she goes to a club' where is this rumour coming from? its just the same for some boys - it depends on how appealing they are! i know a bunch of guys who can go out and take a girl home every single time, i know some girls who can too! its not about the sex.

plus, your logic is clearly faulted as you are incinuating that any girl who wants to have sex can find a guy who obviously wants to have sex too...so surely they're both looking for (and getting) the same thing...so why is it that girl thats a ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    You know that old argument "if a girl sleeps with X amount of guys, she's a ****, but why if a boy sleeps with X amount of girls it's not the same"

why do people not seem to grasp the fact that a girl can have sex anytime she is in a club, a guy as to hope the girl says yes.

sex is much more easily available to women, so of course we're going to use derogatory terms to women who open their legs to anything with an XY chromosome.
    guys, on the other hand, have to go through several rejections to get girls. evidently it would take him longer to have as many partners as a girl, so it would obviously deserve more credit

obviously there's guys that do anything with a vaggy, but the opportunity for a girl to sleep with an attractive partner is much higher than a guy vice versa.

so my point is, why do people even question this?
    Edit: for PC terms i will replace **** with "overly sexually promiscuous woman"
    You fail to realise it's hard for girls to get guys, so for the few that do manage to get guys falling at their feet it is unfair to be called an "overly sexually promiscuous woman" if a guy who gets many girls is treated completely differently.

But yeh, you can't say girls get guys so easily because they really don't.

ReputationRep:
    Generalisation much?
    What about how attractive, confident, funny etc each of the people are, regardless of their sex :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Labels like "slut" and the idea that monogamy is normal are purely invented by society.
    So ? What's this common idea that everything man-made and artificial is bad ? That we should always follow our "natural" (i.e., usually, base) instincts ? What are we, animals ? Witch-hunts and name-calling took place for a reason : society needs to rein renegades in. If frowning upon polygamy serves the greater good, then bring it on !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarjunkie001)
    oh my god, the amount of times i've heard people say 'a girl can get a shag whenever she goes to a club' where is this rumour coming from? its just the same for some boys - it depends on how appealing they are! i know a bunch of guys who can go out and take a girl home every single time, i know some girls who can too! its not about the sex.

plus, your logic is clearly faulted as you are incinuating that any girl who wants to have sex can find a guy who obviously wants to have sex too...so surely they're both looking for (and getting) the same thing...so why is it that girl thats a ****?
    (Original post by HEJ92)
    You fail to realise it's hard for girls to get guys, so for the few that do manage to get guys falling at their feet it is unfair to be called an "overly sexually promiscuous woman" if a guy who gets many girls is treated completely differently.

But yeh, you can't say girls get guys so easily because they really don't.
    I'm sure it's hard for girls to get the guys that they want, and I don't agree with using the labels "****", "slut" or whatever, but surely the reason they came about was of the simple fact that the guy is the one doing the chasing whilst the girls say yes or no (to put it simply); hardly any girls actively chase guys. Which process seems harder to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hayko)
    I'm sure it's hard for girls to get the guys that they want, and I don't agree with using the labels "****", "slut" or whatever, but surely the reason they came about was of the simple fact that the guy is the one doing the chasing whilst the girls say yes or no (to put it simply); hardly any girls actively chase guys. Which process seems harder to you?

90% of girls I know do loads of chasing and still never get the guy. 5% do the chasing and get the guy. The last 5% don't do chasing and get the guy.

Most girls do chase, and tbh, it is hard for girls, guys shouldn't say "oh poor us, its so hard to get a girl, girls have it easy with their boobs and what not" because its just as hard for a girl to get a guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)

Wait wait. That is a total double standard in of itself, because of your little "opinion" disclaimers.

You basically said a promiscuous man is not a stud, and a promiscuous woman is not a slut. Therefore, you hold a promiscuous woman in a higher regard.

Do you see the problem here?
    Nope, no problem. The disclaimers are there because I'm not giving my opinion at all - The numbers were there as an example only and completely independent of my feelings on the subject.

Sorry if that was not clear.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I think the OP may have messed up somewhere with his posts, but I do agree with him.

Basically, it's easier for a girl to get sex than a man.

Providing your a good looking girl, you don't have to do any work. Girls get approached by the guys, and for them, it's a simple case of 'yes' or 'no'.

As for men, you can be good looking and still not get girls, because you have to make more of an effort. You need to talk to them correctly, make them laugh, phone them, etc. Unless of course you do a prostitute, and even still, you have to give the money, so you are still making the effort. You are paying for pleasure, whereas women get paid for it.

It's the men doing the chase, and women giving the tease. Obviously it's not always like this because there are sometimes when women chase some men, but generally this is how our society is.

I'm not sure if that's what the OP was trying to get at. I'm not saying whether it's right or wrong to be like that, but that there is a vague summation of our society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boxingfan91)
    Ok, I think the OP may have messed up somewhere with his posts, but I do agree with him.

Providing your a good looking girl, you don't have to do any work. Girls get approached by the guys, and for them, it's a simple case of 'yes' or 'no'.

As for men, you can be good looking and still not get girls, because you have to make more of an effort. You need to talk to them correctly, make them laugh, phone them, etc. Unless of course you do a prostitute, and even still, you have to give the money, so you are still making the effort. You are paying for pleasure, whereas women get paid for it.

It's the men doing the chase, and women giving the tease. Obviously it's not always like this because there are sometimes when women chase some men, but generally this is how our society is.

I'm not sure if that's what the OP was trying to get at. I'm not saying whether it's right or wrong to be like that, but that there is a vague summation of our society.
    Yeap, that's pretty much what we've been saying...

ReputationRep:
    surely if the guy is always the one doing the chasing...then he's the ****...

ReputationRep:
    surely if the guy is always the one doing the chasing...then he's the ****...
    What?
    So pretty much every guy in this world is a **** then, since the beginning of time?

ReputationRep:
    What?
    So pretty much every guy in this world is a **** then, since the beginning of time?
    haha no, but i also dont agree that its always the male chasing girls! all i'm saying is that its the same on both sides. there are male ****s, there are female ****s. generalisations are just annoying

ReputationRep:
    haha no, but i also dont agree that its always the male chasing girls! all i'm saying is that its the same on both sides. there are male ****s, there are female ****s. generalisations are just annoying
    Yeah, its not always the guys chasing girls but the majority of the time it is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hayko)
    this is the post you quoted:

which doesn't state that all women say yes...
    Er, re-read your own post?

I didn't say "all women say yes", I said "if women say yes to every man". And so did he, which he then went on to contradict.

ReputationRep:
    There was a thread on this yesterday...:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I think guys are just jealous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEJ92)
    90% of girls I know do loads of chasing and still never get the guy. 5% do the chasing and get the guy. The last 5% don't do chasing and get the guy.

Most girls do chase, and tbh, it is hard for girls, guys shouldn't say "oh poor us, its so hard to get a girl, girls have it easy with their boobs and what not" because its just as hard for a girl to get a guy.
    The reason women do so much chasing is because times have changed. Not that long ago men did literally ALL the chasing, and that is how the concept came about.

But even now, there's no way 95% of girls chase guys. They may be more active in putting themselves on the market or trying to drop hints or lead on a certain guy, but that's not active chasing. It's more like fly fishing.

(Original post by Dave129)
    There was a thread on this yesterday...:eek3:
    Probably the same thread, this one has been here since yesterday. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boxingfan91)

yeah that was my main point really, just went out of hand with the feminist parade attacking me

Are you serious? This is utterly rediculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Absoultely in agreement with u op, Iv heard of teenage virgin guys commiting suicide because they think their destined to be lonely
    What has that got to do with anything?

It's not about how easy it is to get sex, it's about males and females being treated differently for doing exactly the same thing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.