Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

do people reply to threads on tsr just to increase their number of replied posts.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    are they eagerly in wait of the latest thread just to put something down.. i mean its ridiculous because sometimes its stuff not even related to the thread and i don't get why people do that.. if you dont have anything to say then dont say anything at all!!!
    kudos though for the ones who put genuine stuff down ..

there goes my rant..

btw you can slate me or whatever but that would just mean you are on of those...mohahahah..

ReputationRep:
    now what makes you think I would do that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    bananas are an excellent source of potassium

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I reply to threads , in order to say what I want to say in regards to the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Cool beans.

ReputationRep:
    I did a bit the other day when I was closing in on 2,000 posts, but otherwise I'll only reply if I've got something decent to contribute
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    btw you can slate me or whatever but that would just mean you are on of those...mohahahah..
    I'd say slating you was a very fair and relevant response to this thread. Yes, the forum's got plenty of spam, like any other forum, but no, people don't reply to threads just to increase their postcount.

ReputationRep:
    i doubt it ... you just get a better status ... benevolent member peer of the TSR realm ... i dont think its that special .. i believe if your going to post then it should be helpful and not random ...

ReputationRep:
    replied posts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    Was this in reply to my post or did we just simultaneously post about bananas?
    If so COOL!:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Thread fail.

ReputationRep:
    im gonna use this thread to reach 200, nobody minds do they?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I reply to threads only if I want to say something, definitely not for the sake of a post count. Actually I don't think I've even looked at my post count...ever O_o, that said I will now look as I'm curious. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    I'd say slating you was a very fair and relevant response to this thread. Yes, the forum's got plenty of spam, like any other forum, but no, people don't reply to threads just to increase their postcount.
    bear in mind i did say kudos to those who are genuinely putting down something relevant..

ReputationRep:
    200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yay the satisfaction of pointlessly posting so my postcount went up is just unbearable. Its practically orgasmic!

ReputationRep:
    I reply so that people will reply to me because it's the only human contact I get, I haven't left the house in about 6 months, everything is delievered. If I go outside I'm scared I'll offend someone. But if I don't post on TSR I start to cry and dream of eating babies. Do you think I should stop my off topic replies OP? Do you think I should dream about eating babies? WELL DO YOU?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    bear in mind i did say kudos to those who are genuinely putting down something relevant..
    Bare in mind bears will eat you for that fail!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, I just posted again.

*comes*

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.