Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My flat last year in whitworth: I was in DI.02.18.145, was adequate for living in but not fantastic, then again you get what you pay for.

One of my housemates said there was a rat in our kitchen area but the maintenance people put down traps and I never actually saw one while I was staying there. We had a toaster/iron/ironing board provided and the bathroom was big enough with two showers and two toilets for the 7 of us. The rooms under the sloping roof are usually bigger than the ones which are not; my room and the neighbours across from me were the biggest in the flat and were nicely sized with plenty of floor space.
    Be prepared for the fire alarms to go off at inconvenient times and having to get up in the early hours of the morning as the alarms are very sensitive, also be prepared to have angry security men talking to you when they go off for a stupid reason.
    There are no lamps in your room, at least not in Dilworth because of fire safety regulations.
    It is okay to put things up on your wall as long as you take them down and the room is vaguely tidy, I had posters up when they came to inspect my room and no one said anything.

ReputationRep:
    i saw ac place and i just ran away.it was so dirty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaelle04)
    Hey! My room number is DI.02.24.193
    Is anyone nearby?
    I am in DI.02.24.192 so I guess I am kinda nearby
    What course you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what about BU, what do you guys know about that?

ReputationRep:
    People are receiving their accommodation offers? Oh god that doesn't fill me with hope, I'm sure I missed my offer now. :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by herondale)
    People are receiving their accommodation offers? Oh god that doesn't fill me with hope, I'm sure I missed my offer now. :')
    Only people who had unconditional offers or who have already been given their exam results (e.g. IB students) are receiving accommodation offers now. The university won't even know what grades its A-level applicants have achieved until a few days before results day in August (I'm assuming you're an A-level student).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    Only people who had unconditional offers or who have already been given their exam results (e.g. IB students) are receiving accommodation offers now. The university won't even know what grades its A-level applicants have achieved until a few days before results day in August (I'm assuming you're an A-level student).
    Thank you!! That makes me feel so much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by herondale)
    People are receiving their accommodation offers? Oh god that doesn't fill me with hope, I'm sure I missed my offer now. :'
    Look at the dates on this thread, which I am about to close. Start a new thread if you have a question.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.