Sounds great.
    Well I suppose it could be worse

ReputationRep:
    Dilworth!
    Di:G:07:049

teehee moving in 19th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emit.)
    Basically, in some flats you have no control over the heating for some crazy reason, so it's always on. It's ok in the winter but summer can get a bit insane. I heard of some flats who had mice (even on top floors!) though we didn't. They will sort any problems out though. Internet and waters fine. And overall its one of the best halls to be in.
    I was living there, thanks
    I got the mice, I got the freezing room and the overheated corridors in winter (although mine was fine in summer). I had no problem with my Internet but some of my flatmates did and the water was fine, but a friend in Derby House didn't get any hot water for a week :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    If anyone gets thorncliffe flat 5 let me know :yes: i lived in room A last year!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I got my accomodation confirmation and it's
    DE.02.12.094

Could someone care to explain it to me?
    Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanny_x)
    Hi I got my accomodation confirmation and it's
    DE.02.12.094

Could someone care to explain it to me?
    Thank you x
    02 is the floor, so you're on the 2nd floor, then 12 is the number of your flat, and to finish, 094 is your room number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    02 is the floor, so you're on the 2nd floor, then 12 is the number of your flat, and to finish, 094 is your room number
    Thank you very much ! I'm quite excited.
    I wonder what DE stands for.. any clue?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much ! I'm quite excited.
    I wonder what DE stands for.. any clue?
    DE's the name of the house, but I forgot what houses there are

ReputationRep:
    I think it's Derby!
    x

ReputationRep:
    I think it's Derby!
    x
    That's the one! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's Derby!
    x
    Hiya, i'm also in Derby on the first floor! I'm so excited haha. What course you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idesofmarch)
    Hiya, i'm also in Derby on the first floor! I'm so excited haha. What course you studying?
    Heyy =D
    I can't believe I got my accomodation already! I still need to pay the deposit for the room though, I will be running to the bank ASAP tomorrow!
    I'm going to be studying History :p:
    How about you?? x

ReputationRep:
    Mice? oooh epic, I'll be keeping one as a pet

I'm DE.01.05.040
    Derby, first floor, flat 5, room 40
    Anyone nearby?

ReputationRep:
    Woop woop got my accommodation!

I'm Aberdeen house, ground floor, flat 13, room 104 anyone near?

Need payday so i can pay the deposit! :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm at TH.01.23.E! Anyone else? and what does the E stand for?!
    So happy

ReputationRep:
    Room number AB.G.04.028

What so AB is department, G is ground floor(I was under the impression that only boys can be on ground floor), 04 is number of flat and finally 28 is my room number.

Well, being on the ground floor isn't that bad. I hope I don't live with dirty people who can't clean up after self. That would be a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nishantkhataniar)
    I'm at TH.01.23.E! Anyone else? and what does the E stand for?!
    So happy
    Thorncliffe, first floor, flat 23 and room E for you

(Original post by Simplicity)
    Room number AB.G.04.028

What so AB is department, G is ground floor(I was under the impression that only boys can be on ground floor), 04 is number of flat and finally 28 is my room number.

Well, being on the ground floor isn't that bad. I hope I don't live with dirty people who can't clean up after self. That would be a nightmare.
    House, ot dept.
    Aberdeen House, ground floor, flat 4, room 28, indeed. I advise you use the Thorncliffe entrance, it's the quickest way to your flat. And yeah, only boys get the ground floor, it's too dangerous for the ladies, innit. And erm, you may have the cleaning problem, 'cause you're gonna live with boys only

ReputationRep:
    Thorncliffe, first floor, flat 23 and room E for you

House, ot dept.
    Aberdeen House, ground floor, flat 4, room 28, indeed. I advise you use the Thorncliffe entrance, it's the quickest way to your flat. And yeah, only boys get the ground floor, it's too dangerous for the ladies, innit. And erm, you may have the cleaning problem, 'cause you're gonna live with boys only
    Thats pretty annoying.

I doubt I will get a debit card in time i.e. seven days so yeah big problem.

Thats isn't as annoying as it seems. As one of my friends lives with all girls and he says it is really messy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    Thats pretty annoying.

I doubt I will get a debit card in time i.e. seven days so yeah big problem.

Thats isn't as annoying as it seems. As one of my friends lives with all girls and he says it is really messy.
    Oh I had the debit card problem too. You can try to pay by phone with your parents' debit card (if they agree) and then you send the form with your new bank details.

I had absolutely no problem in my all girls flat, it was incredibly clean and organised, we'd put like money every week to buy important stuff (toilet rolls, food that everyone eats, etc), but one of my friend had to buy a mini-fridge 'cause his kitchen was so disgusting you wouldn't go near it without vomitting (it was a bit extreme, I admit).

ReputationRep:
    Oh I had the debit card problem too. You can try to pay by phone with your parents' debit card (if they agree) and then you send the form with your new bank details.

I had absolutely no problem in my all girls flat, it was incredibly clean and organised, we'd put like money every week to buy important stuff (toilet rolls, food that everyone eats, etc), but one of my friend had to buy a mini-fridge 'cause his kitchen was so disgusting you wouldn't go near it without vomitting (it was a bit extreme, I admit).
    I was under the impression that girls and boys had different flats and so wouldn't mix anyway. Hence you gettting a all girls flat.

Was your friend a boy or girl?

I don't mine cleaning up. But, I would hate cleaning up after other people.

Can't you complain or something if that happens?

P.S. I will go bank monday and try and get it sorted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.