Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! I have got BU.01.02.012. I think that means im in Burleigh House? does anybody know anything about Burleigh House?

ReputationRep:
    Well heLLo DERBY! I think I just about compiled a list of all 7 of my housemates from this thread This is so neat :

Hanny_x, Leeds, DE.02.12.094
    Katie Frank, Warrington, DE.01.05.040
    Domio, London, DE.02.12.094
    Anatheme -unknown
    Idesofmarch, liverpool
    millionreasons, switzerland
    Mayarh, Birmingham
    Me - Malaysia, DE.01.17.131

With the exception of anatheme, we have 5 good Brits, One Swiss, n 1 lil asian-me! *gulp* hee~ nice to meet u gals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nudge_me)
    Well heLLo DERBY! I think I just about compiled a list of all 7 of my housemates from this thread This is so neat :

Hanny_x, Leeds, DE.02.12.094
    Katie Frank, Warrington, DE.01.05.040
    Domio, London, DE.02.12.094
    Anatheme -unknown
    Idesofmarch, liverpool
    millionreasons, switzerland
    Mayarh, Birmingham

With the exception of anatheme, we have 5 good Brits, One Swiss, n 1 lil asian-me! *gulp* hee~ what the hell is going on here?.. I thought whitworth is full of internationals! nice to know I'll be immersed with u natives. nice to meet u gals =)
    Oh I'm not in Whitworth Park anymore, lol, I was last year, that's all

ReputationRep:
    oho i see well then ive been meaning to find out anatheme.. whats the approximate size of the rooms in derby n are they relatively decent??

n juz curious, r u studying arabic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nudge_me)
    oho i see well then ive been meaning to find out anatheme.. whats the approximate size of the rooms in derby n are they relatively decent??

n juz curious, r u studying arabic?
    Yes I am, and the rooms, well, I'd say yes. Tbh, you get used to live in a box, and even if your room was massive at home, living in a small room at uni just makes you feel better, it's like your piece of home, it's all comfy and stuff. I remember people would say my room felt really homey, but it was far from massive. Don't worry about how big or small it's gonna be, honestly, after all, you're not gonna spend most of your time in it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nishantkhataniar)
    I'm at TH.01.23.E! Anyone else? and what does the E stand for?!
    So happy
    E is your room.. that's 2 flats away from where i was living last year.. have fun! i loved it there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkbODkK9vcE

I hope to god that the room I got isn't like this. That would be the worst thing ever. Although, the person is a bit untidy and maybe if you painted it would look better. But, lol that looks awful.
    yep that is pretty much what your room will look like.. kinda like a prison cell but i'm sure you can make it homely.. it's a lot worse than that at oak house!

ReputationRep:
    To anatheme : Positivity ey? Hell yeah!! Else we'd just shrivel up and die by the looks of the homely prison cell in the link above. But in other pictures it looks okay. Quite excited rely!

In any case, Teddy ur coming with me..

ReputationRep:
    How do I know what kind of room I've got? I know I'm in Dilworth, but I can't find anywhere anything that says whether I got a room with a sink or not... I know I haven't got an en suite, but knowing whether I have a sink would be nice.
    It doesn't make much difference, I guess, but I would like to know and I can't find anything that says how much I'll be paying either to find out that way... any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MischiefMaker)
    How do I know what kind of room I've got? I know I'm in Dilworth, but I can't find anywhere anything that says whether I got a room with a sink or not... I know I haven't got an en suite, but knowing whether I have a sink would be nice.
    It doesn't make much difference, I guess, but I would like to know and I can't find anything that says how much I'll be paying either to find out that way... any ideas?
    It should say on the first e-mail they send you telling you which accommodation you have, where they tell you your room number. But I don't think any of the rooms in Dilworth have sinks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Katherine.)
    It should say on the first e-mail they send you telling you which accommodation you have, where they tell you your room number. But I don't think any of the rooms in Dilworth have sinks anyway.
    It says I have standard accomodation... Does that mean I have a sink?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehsc)
    i got into garstang..any1 stayin there?? how the condition over there??
    ha neighbours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MischiefMaker)
    It says I have standard accomodation... Does that mean I have a sink?
    No, it means you have a bed, a shelf, a desk and a wardrobe :p:
    If "sink" is mentionned anywhere, then you have one, otherwise, nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    No, it means you have a bed, a shelf, a desk and a wardrobe :p:
    If "sink" is mentionned anywhere, then you have one, otherwise, nope.
    Ok, no sink. Guess I'll have to abandon my clothes somewhere else :P
    Mind you, I think that makes my accomodation cheaper... Which means more money... Poor little me... I could probably buy a sink with the money I've saved

ReputationRep:
    Garstang flat 18, anyone? Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimh)
    Garstang flat 18, anyone? Can't wait!
    oo im flat 19 we're pretty close

ReputationRep:
    oooh hello neighbour! when are you moving in? are you originally from manch?

ReputationRep:
    hi ive not paid deposit yet :s i know cutting it fine ! but i have till tomorrow ha
    yeah i live in the city centre already so moving out seems abit pointless but hopefully its a nice place have you heard about the mice ? there my worst fear so hopefully there will be some traps. when you moving in ? and where abouts in manchester u from

ReputationRep:
    haha! oooh you're not moving far at all. I kinda wanted an en-suite but oh well that's life eh! I have heard about the mice, but they've probably all been cleaned out over the holidays, fingers crossed!
    I live right near manch airport, so it's only a 43 bus ride home if i ever need to pop back and see everyone ! it's my birthday on the 19th, so i'm unsure whether to move in just before, then go home for my birthday, or just move in on sunday 20th. you?

ReputationRep:
    i no :| im still decided whether to actually move out if your in flat 18 and im in flat 19 does that mean we still share a kitchen ha !
    oo i dunno u could like on the 17th put ur stuff there then go back home for ur birthday u dont want to be stressing day before freshers week.
    did you go and see any accommodation. have you seen ur room ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.