Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lecreatiflulu)
    Oooh! I'm in flat 24 too! :yep: DI.02.24 we'll be neighbours when are you thinking of moving in?
    I'll be moving in on the Saturday, the 19th I think...
    You like Firefly too??? I think we're gonna get on... I have to say I prefer River to Kaylee, though... Although Kaylee and Simon are so cute :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MischiefMaker)
    I'll be moving in on the Saturday, the 19th I think...
    You like Firefly too??? I think we're gonna get on... I have to say I prefer River to Kaylee, though... Although Kaylee and Simon are so cute :P
    Yay! me too! :yep:
    And awesome! There is going to be alot of firefly lovin' River kicks ass :shoot:
    but i guess there is this little soppy romantic part of me that likes kaylee more :o:

I think our flat will rule :jive:

ReputationRep:
    Yay! me too! :yep:
    And awesome! There is going to be alot of firefly lovin' River kicks ass :shoot:
    but i guess there is this little soppy romantic part of me that likes kaylee more :o:

I think our flat will rule :jive:
    I do like Kaylee and Simon's romantic thing... I just think River is ace, the things she comes out with and her timing just make me laugh
    The rest of the flat is going to learn to love Firefly too :P

ReputationRep:
    DERBY HOUSE PEOPLE feel free to add me on facebook..or any whitworth park peeps add me if you want...im not fussed

charlotte maya palmer is my facebook name

i know like 4 people in total going to manchester and there alllll stopping in fallowfield =[

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea whether it is possible to reduce first installment by 200 pounds deposit instead of third one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She_Bittersweet)
    Does anyone have any idea whether it is possible to reduce first installment by 200 pounds deposit instead of third one?
    I don't think it'll be possible, but you could pay in 7 installments, instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    I don't think it'll be possible, but you could pay in 7 installments, instead?
    Well,ive already chosen to pay in 3.Are you sure that wont be possible?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure of nothing, the best would be to call them, but I really doubt they'd let you do that.

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that Leamington house, has the biggest rooms in whitworth park?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it would be best to ring and ask... I have a similar problem, in that my loan is coming in three almost equal installments and the payment for Whitworth comes in decreasing amounts... I'm kinda lucky though, in that I have got enough saved that I can just about cover it... But surely someone up top must have used their brain and thought 'hmm... people aren't going to be able to afford this when it's paid like that'... So ring and ask. They might help you change it to 7 installments and make it that bit easier....

ReputationRep:
    I called the Uni a few days back and they have said if your tuition fee loans are giving you trouble then they can offer you a deferred payment. I think all you have to do is call them and ask nicely and explain your situation

Student finance is still messing me around too, everything should get sorted soon though... hopefully :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I just realised I have the same problem, my first payment won't cover the first payment of the accomodationn either, plus it doesn't matter if it's 7 month or 3 month. £1500 is payable and I'll only have £1200 ish so I am out £300 out.

Whoever came up with that payment plan is a bit of an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone living in dilworth, flat 21? let me know if you are! student finance are messing me around too, they never answer the phone! the woman's always telling me to phone back later, it's annoying. i phoned the uni and they said that i still have to pay a late registration fee if student finance don't pay my tuition fee loans in time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryzahid12)
    is anyone living in dilworth, flat 21? let me know if you are! student finance are messing me around too, they never answer the phone! the woman's always telling me to phone back later, it's annoying. i phoned the uni and they said that i still have to pay a late registration fee if student finance don't pay my tuition fee loans in time!
    Damn it :mad: And the worst is that im almost sure I wont get my tuition fee loan on time.

ReputationRep:
    I do like Kaylee and Simon's romantic thing... I just think River is ace, the things she comes out with and her timing just make me laugh
    The rest of the flat is going to learn to love Firefly too :P
    Favourite all time quote from River: I can kill you with my brain.

How are the final preparations going? i just got most of my kitchen gear today though i'm pretty sure i will forget something Getting pretty excited about freshers week now :yep:

I'm going to manchester! :eek: Yep, i am still not over it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Favourite all time quote from River: I can kill you with my brain.

How are the final preparations going? i just got most of my kitchen gear today though i'm pretty sure i will forget something Getting pretty excited about freshers week now :yep:

I'm going to manchester! :eek: Yep, i am still not over it :rolleyes:
    I love that bit! Jayne's just lying there and she just says that and skips off!
    Although my favourite quote isn't from River, but from Zoe... The bit where she and Kaylee are talking and she tells Kaylee the captain has a plan, and Kaylee says 'that's good, right?' and Zoe just says 'it's possible you're not recalling some of the captain's previous plans'...

I think I have almost everything... Clothes are packed and all that, so I have practically nothing to wear this week... Although, I nearly came without any jamas, thanks to getting distracted half way through packing... I'm sure we'll be able to share stuff we're missing...

Although, do you know if we have a toaster?

ReputationRep:
    I heard you don't have lamps as they took them out of all the rooms in Whitworth park.

Is anyone going to whitworth park does fresher week thing on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Hope you are all looking forward to moving into halls in the coming week or two!

I am Jack, I work in the bar for Whitworth Park, Grove House Bar (or The Grovel to the regulars). I thought I'd forward you guys the details of the events going on around freshers week in the bar.

There's plenty going on all year, just find all the info on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ev...8293737&ref=nf

ReputationRep:
    I love that bit! Jayne's just lying there and she just says that and skips off!
    Although my favourite quote isn't from River, but from Zoe... The bit where she and Kaylee are talking and she tells Kaylee the captain has a plan, and Kaylee says 'that's good, right?' and Zoe just says 'it's possible you're not recalling some of the captain's previous plans'...

I think I have almost everything... Clothes are packed and all that, so I have practically nothing to wear this week... Although, I nearly came without any jamas, thanks to getting distracted half way through packing... I'm sure we'll be able to share stuff we're missing...

Although, do you know if we have a toaster?
    :lol: Zoe is amazing, she is like the big sister of the crew. I love the banter she and Mal have, especially when Wash gets jealous! hehe.

Another one of my favourites is from Book in "our mrs. reynolds" when he says: "If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre." Makes me chuckle! Definitely a mysterious character is book :yep:

And i looked up the residence guide and it doesn't mention that we get a toaster. We get a kettle, iron, ironing board, microwave, cooker, and a fridge freezer apparently. I was going to turn up and see if anyone in our flat had already brought one, then if not i would just go to nearest supermarket and get one

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Zoe is amazing, she is like the big sister of the crew. I love the banter she and Mal have, especially when Wash gets jealous! hehe.

Another one of my favourites is from Book in "our mrs. reynolds" when he says: "If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre." Makes me chuckle! Definitely a mysterious character is book :yep:

And i looked up the residence guide and it doesn't mention that we get a toaster. We get a kettle, iron, ironing board, microwave, cooker, and a fridge freezer apparently. I was going to turn up and see if anyone in our flat had already brought one, then if not i would just go to nearest supermarket and get one
    It's such a shame they cancelled it and made no more... I really wanted to know more about Book... Like why the Alliance gave him medical care instantly when he was dying and they saw his ID card... nb am bringing the box set

Hmm... no toaster... won't be eating toast straight away then... I'm kinda hoping we get a reasonable amount of cupboard space, I like to cook and bake and stuff... And the amount of food I'm planning on bringing, I'm hoping there's room to store it. Else I am going to have to get sneaky...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.