The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
does anyone know if the flats are mixed or single sex?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 141
kate_187
does anyone know if the flats are mixed or single sex?

I think all the flats are single sex but the buildings are mixed sex....apart from some of the buildings which have single sex areas (whole floors i think)
Hmmm has anyone had a letter from manchester accommodation confirming where you are staying? Like a licence agreement or anything? i just thought i might get something like that but nothing has turned up :s-smilie:
lecreatiflulu
Hmmm has anyone had a letter from manchester accommodation confirming where you are staying? Like a licence agreement or anything? i just thought i might get something like that but nothing has turned up :s-smilie:

If you did it online check your emails and go back to the original place you paid the £200 and print of the information there. I think that is the licence thing. Or maybe, the email is.
Simplicity
If you did it online check your emails and go back to the original place you paid the £200 and print of the information there. I think that is the licence thing. Or maybe, the email is.

Ah yes, thanks :smile:
can anyone help me out?
im in burleigh house flat 7 which is a ground floor flat from what i gather there is a policy about no girls living in the ground floor flats. for a start is this right? and the other thing is do different flats in the buildings tend to mingle???
Reply 146
I just got my accomodation today!

Im in

TH.02.02.C

is that thorncliffe? Anybody any experience of it?
yay excited! :biggrin:
Simplicity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkbODkK9vcE

I hope to god that the room I got isn't like this. That would be the worst thing ever. Although, the person is a bit untidy and maybe if you painted it would look better. But, lol that looks awful.

That looks scarily similar to a room in Whitworth that I woke up in dressed as a bumblebee after a particularly heavy night at BOP. ****.
Reply 148
me and my friend have both been accepted into whitworth, but im in thorncliffe and shes in derby, does anybody know how close these are? :smile:
lolablue
me and my friend have both been accepted into whitworth, but im in thorncliffe and shes in derby, does anybody know how close these are? :smile:

About a 20 second walk you can walk around the whole of whitworth in about a minute
lolablue
I just got my accomodation today!

Im in

TH.02.02.C

is that thorncliffe? Anybody any experience of it?
yay excited! :biggrin:

It's good very spaciousin rooms and communal area but take a fan it gets mighty hot in summer
I'm moving in on Saturday 18th Sept. Anyone else in the Garstang building?
Hi, I don't come on this often! But I just got my offer its TH.01.09.D :smile: anyone in my flat or even near? Its probs best to add me on facebook (daniel wassell) or email me, [email protected]. I'm doing adult nursing :biggrin:
Reply 153
dpwassell1
Hi, I don't come on this often! But I just got my offer its TH.01.09.D :smile: anyone in my flat or even near? Its probs best to add me on facebook (daniel wassell) or email me, [email protected]. I'm doing adult nursing :biggrin:

hi im in whitworth park, and thorncliffe! pretty close im in flat 2 :smile:
Awesome! What course you doing?
Reply 155
dpwassell1
Awesome! What course you doing?

english literature :smile:
Reply 156
Does anyone know what GA in whitworth park stands for? I got an offer there but not sure whether to take it or not because it's not one of my three choices. should i apply for private accomodation instead?
toux
Does anyone know what GA in whitworth park stands for? I got an offer there but not sure whether to take it or not because it's not one of my three choices. should i apply for private accomodation instead?

Garstang it's one of the buildings in Whitworth it's fairly nice had a few friends who lived there last year and was pretty standard for whitworth
Reply 158
Davidosh
Garstang it's one of the buildings in Whitworth it's fairly nice had a few friends who lived there last year and was pretty standard for whitworth

Mice or overheated rooms, anything like that at garstang? cos i've read a few threads about those...worried mostly about the mice...might as well pay a little more for private accomodation if its cleaner...
toux
Mice or overheated rooms, anything like that at garstang? cos i've read a few threads about those...worried mostly about the mice...might as well pay a little more for private accomodation if its cleaner...

Never heard anything about mice and the overheating depends on which floor you have with the higher it is the hotter it is. Private accomodation is nicer but you tend to meet less people I met a couple on my course who had private and they said it was pretty dull/sterile really. For one year it's not the end of the world if you get accomodation which is a little manky.

Also to be fair if there was a problem like mice the Withworth Park maintenance people eltc would be round there like a shot stuff like that they do take seriously.

Latest

Trending

Trending