Turn on thread page Beta

Please help me, oh clever ones ! :) watch

I know this isn't some kind of agony aunt website for whiny teenage girls to spill their guts to, but I'm pretty desperate at this point - and I know that most of the people on this site are the elite of our age group- as opposed to the average student who will just tell you what you WANT to hear, you people have the brains and the sort of common sense I need to hear and will actually listen to

For the last year I've liked this guy, we've sat together in lessons, we've been camping, we've sometimes been out with mutual friends, to me it was just some little crush I hoped would go away. Hoped because.. part of me felt he liked me back, but we were so wrong somehow. I know that sounds pretty lame, I just had a feeling we weren't meant to be. We've had moments when we've been alone when he's implied certain things, held my hand, complimented me etc... most recently he's taken to analysing my body language. A few weeks ago he said he teases me because he ''loves'' me. I don't really respond much to this, but I can never tell if he's being serious or not, I guess I'm scared of getting hurt.

This morning I told him I still had his key which he asked me to look after and he replied ''Oh, that means we will have to see each other again ''

But then tonight... he pretty much told me he's about to start seeing this girl- and I didn't see it coming. He asked me ''privately'' what I thought of the situation, saying it was between me and him. He asked me the same thing just before he got back with his ex a few months ago and on both occassions I made out I'm totally indifferent to the situation- I want him to be happy and her for that matter- she's a lovely girl and I couldn't bring myself to attempt to ruin their relationship before it had even began. Afterwards I just burst into tears, which is really unlike me, I just couldn't help it- I think i'm at the point where I've stopped denying its just some little crush I'll forget about in a few weeks. I hate him asking my opinion, does he not KNOW how I feel about him? Is it some cruel joke?

Now I feel I never knew him at all, he probably comes across as a right pr1ck in this post, but in person he really does seem like a nice genuine guy, I would never have thought him capable of intentionally hurting someone. I've always thought of him as a rare breed of teenage male (in my area anyway) -intelligent, polite, funny, honest, blah blah, you've heard it a million times -then again I'm biased obviously and also it would appear, TOTALLY BLIND .

Now I'm so unhappy, I don't know what I'm supposed to do, us being sort of friends and all. I suppose you're all going to tell me he's a git and I should move on, but how? What's the best way to forget about someone? I'm not really for the idea of going out and getting pissed out of my face

Anyway, any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated, if you managed to stick to reading the whole post then thanks :P .

ReputationRep:
    Okay, it sounds as those these flitting relationships he has with said ex girl, are used as a talking point with you in order to find out your true feelings towards him. Trying to prompt the reaction you've esperienced privately! Whether she's a victim of his playing around, or he's genuinely interested in this other girl, you have to admit it doesn't sound like he's particularly keen on making it work with either of them.. perhaps why you get the feeling the two of you aren't right for one another? Committed doesn't exactly radiate from his description..

One of you is perhaps being a little too coy about the situation, either that or he's a complete flirt who wants his cake and to eat it too. I would ask him outright whether he has feelings for you. It solves a lot of aggro for everyone involved. Especially if this new girl is simply bait. His response will allow you to move on regardless, and perhaps when he has his priorities straight you can re-claim your friendship with this guy. just don't let him take advantage of you liking him back.

ReputationRep:
    He'd probably jump your bones if he had the chance. Ever been out drinking with him? Just forget about it as you two seem to be deeply in the friend-zone.

ReputationRep:
    hes doing it to see what reaction you give so he can tell what you feel about him without you askiing!
    anyway if you want to get over him seriously theres no easy way it just happens in time or when you meet someone new but your not gonna forget him any time soon,,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pri-x)
    hes doing it to see what reaction you give so he can tell what you feel about him without you askiing!
    anyway if you want to get over him seriously theres no easy way it just happens in time or when you meet someone new but your not gonna forget him any time soon,,
    Damn exactly what I was going to say.
    Tell him you like him or just that you are not ok, he sooo likes you.

Then shake your mojo with him.

ReputationRep:
    Next time he asks for your opinion, give him your actual opinion or tell him why you don't like him asking yo and why you won't give your opinion. Don't try to be sweet then wallow in self-pity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Next time he asks for your opinion, give him your actual opinion or tell him why you don't like him asking yo and why you won't give your opinion. Don't try to be sweet then wallow in self-pity.
    This! You have to be upfront and tell him how you feel since he hasn't taken the first step.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.