Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Urgent contact lens help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh.. totally random but I need help!
    Basically my lens solution and case are in the bathroom and ive still got my lenses in. I want to go to sleep, my mum keeps shouting at me to turn the light off However, my sister is going to probably be another hour (dont ask) lol. So is there a way i can take my lenses out, put them somewhere then rinse in the morning? Or will they dry up? Please help!! I can't ask my sister to open the door and give them to me, cus she is mean

ReputationRep:
    They will dry up if you leave them out of lens solution

ReputationRep:
    they will dry and get crispy lol.
    jus tell her to stop bein a *****.

ReputationRep:
    Contacts, if you are using soft ones, can be left and just stuck in solution in the morning and be fine. I've done it before. Egg cups ftw.

edit - and tell your sister to stop being a prick.

ReputationRep:
    is it possible to leave them in water overnight?
    try it for the laughs
    and tell your sister to finish jacking off and let you in!

ReputationRep:
    sorry im finished with your sister in the bathroom now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    Contacts, if you are using soft ones, can be left and just stuck in solution in the morning and be fine. I've done it before. Egg cups ftw.

edit - and tell your sister to stop being a prick.
    That seems like a logical option, i think i have some solution somewhere. Is it okay if i put the solution and contacts in a vaseline lid :/ thats the only thing i got to hand. Do i need to cover it?

Thanks guys for the replies... grrrrr... my sister is unreasonable in every essence of the word! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I Don't advise you to leave them out... They become brittle which can make handling them very difficult... They also lose their structure and won't be 100% perfect even when re wetted... The majority of contact lenses also lose there re wetting ability and won't retain water as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cor898)
    is it possible to leave them in water overnight?
    try it for the laughs
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Square)
    sorry im finished with your sister in the bathroom now.
    haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahds)
    That seems like a logical option, i think i have some solution somewhere. Is it okay if i put the solution and contacts in a vaseline lid :/ thats the only thing i got to hand. Do i need to cover it?

Thanks guys for the replies... grrrrr... my sister is unreasonable in every essence of the word! :mad:
    Yeah I guess. Just make sure you wash them thouroughly in the morning. I've done it and i've not gone blind.

Don't put them in water. Sigh, that would be silly.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let them dry out and resoak them as the shape will 9\10 times distort or tear.

I think leaving them in water is the best idea but make sure you clean them and then soak them in the proper solution before wearing them again because you can get bacteria build up which can cause an eye infection ...

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad I have dailies!
    I've done pretty much everything you're not meant to do with contacts at some time or another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    Don't let them dry out and resoak them as the shape will 9\10 times distort or tear.

I think leaving them in water is the best idea but make sure you clean them and then soak them in the proper solution before wearing them again because you can get bacteria build up which can cause an eye infection ...
    You're not supposed to put them in water, and she has solution anyway.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8100500AAoiSxb

just to scare anyone away from using water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    You're not supposed to put them in water, and she has solution anyway.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8100500AAoiSxb

just to scare anyone away from using water.
    I agree water is a bad idea but it's better than leaving them out to dry, hence me saying "make sure you clean them and then soak them in the proper solution before wearing them again because you can get bacteria build up which can cause an eye infection "

ReputationRep:
    Problem solved.. phew! Just put them in a lid, with some solution.. luckily i had extra lying around! Now to nodd off .. and dagnammit >_< my toothbrush is also in the bathroom lol. bad times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    I agree water is a bad idea but it's better than leaving them out to dry, hence me saying "make sure you clean them and then soak them in the proper solution before wearing them again because you can get bacteria build up which can cause an eye infection "
    But she has solution in her room?

And where would she get the water from if she can't get in the bathroom 'cause of her sister or downstairs 'cause of her mother?

Your logic is flawed :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    But she has solution in her room?

And where would she get the water from if she can't get in the bathroom 'cause of her sister or downstairs 'cause of her mother?

Your logic is flawed :P
    No she said ... "Oh gosh.. totally random but I need help!
    Basically my lens solution and case are in the bathroom and ive still got my lenses in. I want to go to sleep, my mum keeps shouting at me to turn the light off"

And I was assuming she'd have a bottle or glass of water in her room ...

ReputationRep:
    I remeber when I thought that leaving my contact lense in it's container for 6 months wouldn't dry it up, but I was wrong.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahds)
    :lolwut:
    ye water plain ol' water you know the stuff

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.