Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keep anon. I will say in advance I am not a troll.
    I've been hestitating whether to post this on TSR or not, but since I have spare time I will.
    I am confused about whether I am bi or not. For over a year now, espeically the last few months, I've been really sexually attracted to my best friend (I'm a guy). Everytime I'm near him, I just get sexual thoughts of sleeping with him and love it when he touches me,etc. I often think about him during sexual fantasies. Now, I would call my self straight, because I am still attracted to girls/women and always have been, but on some occasions I would find him more engaging than, say a normal girl. The problem is I do not like ANY other guys, I get repulsed by gay sex, I never watch it and would never dream of having sex with any other guy except him.
    So basically I don't know why I have feelings for him sexually but not any other guy?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're curious? I wouldn't approach him in "that" way if you value your friendship.

Sexuality isn't a definite thing - it can change and move along a sliding scale throughout life (at least that's my perspective)

(Original post by Spacecam)
    Sounds like you're curious? I wouldn't approach him in "that" way if you value your friendship.

Sexuality isn't a definite thing - it can change and move along a sliding scale throughout life (at least that's my perspective)
    Don't know, if I was curious I would probably like other guys too, but it's just something about him that makes him different. Thanks for the input though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Don't know, if I was curious I would probably like other guys too, but it's just something about him that makes him different. Thanks for the input though.
    Curious can genuinely mean you only want contact with one man in that particular way.

ReputationRep:
    Just in the same way a gay guy could like one girl and get sexually attracted to her, but generally like guys, maybe you could be the opposite?

I should of added this in orginal post, but he knows I fancy him and he usually teases me about it by sending me gay texts and saying stuff like he wouldnt mind but then later on he would say, only joking, but im not sure.

ReputationRep:
    When I was a little younger there was a guy who I'd joke about everything with and so we were perfectly comfortable talking about sexual stuff and I started thinking about doing stuff with him but it would only be him. I think I was just at a curious age and my closeness to him seemed like a simple way to relieve sexual feelings. I got over it though and haven't thought about a guy like that at all since. I think many guys and girls have this kind of thing a little.

It's a shame, I'd probably have had a better chance with guys than I'm having with girls -_-

ReputationRep:
    Sexuality is false anyway. No one is 100% straight or gay, we are all somewhere inbetween. Stop worrying about what label you are and just run with it.

ReputationRep:
    It might just be a man crush. If it happens again. You're a **** lover fo'sho

ReputationRep:
    Dont strive to try and get a label on yourself after all it is only one guy you fins attractive, from what you have said. This in no way makes you bisexual.

As said it could be a crush that will go away in time or it may be something that is more significant, i think for the time being just go with wht feels right to you and comfortable, if that is jsut seeing girls then so be it, if guys are envolved again see how you feel. Trying to place a label on yourself is going to make it harder in the long run intill you are sure about yourself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.