Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what the piano piece is called which goes:
    Db F F Db Db F - - F F Db Db F Gb F Eb then some twiddly bits?
    It was also on top gear earlier tonight during the classic car rally during a shot of James May's car (can't remember the exact time)
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Is there a youtube video of tonight's episode that you could post and point out the time in it from watching the video?

ReputationRep:
    No BBC have already removed it from youtube ;[ i'll try and find it on bbc iplayer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B6ENH)
    No BBC have already removed it from youtube ;[ i'll try and find it on bbc iplayer
    Tried looking but couldn't find, iPlayer is annoying and the slider moves forward when you click it WHERE IT IS which is VERY FLICKING annoying, and it's taken me too long and i can't be bothered now...
    Does someone not recognise it? (play the line on a keyboard or piano it'll be obvious even without the timing)

ReputationRep:
    You are going to have to be more specific than that. Are those chords? Notes? What the timing on them? :/ Can you hum it or find a clip with it in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B6ENH)
    It was also on top gear earlier tonight during the classic car rally during a shot of James May's car (can't remember the exact time)
    Thanks!
    Keep an eye on this: http://forums.finalgear.com/wts-tg-s...-2009-a-37853/

Either that or give us the time it appears on iPlayer, so we can have a look what the hell you're on about.

ReputationRep:
    You don't mean Andare by Ludovico Einaudi, do you? It's the only piano piece that I remember hearing; however I don't even remember if it was during the rally part ... it doesn't sound to me like the notes you have written.

Some more info about the type of music it was would help? Are you sure it was a Piano? I heard plenty of Hammond Organs and Keyboards too. Were there other instruments?

ReputationRep:
    I know the one you mean now, it sounds like Brahm's Waltz number 15 - but isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B6ENH)
    Thanks!
    It's called 'Where Do I Begin?' by Henry Mancini, and was the theme to Love Story. It was clearly influenced a little by Brahm's much earlier Waltz n.15
    Great, I can go back to my life now.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I found it in the end from an advert but thanks craig!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.