Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How much do you DB Bench? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    It's not really about how much you're capable of lifting. I'm 'capable' of lifting 46kg dumbells for 8, but that's never going to improve my physique. Drop it down to low 30's for proper, smooth form, no arched back and great results.
    lol it may be for you little man some of us have places in the record books we are more interested in lol

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how a bunch of people who never post here come out of the woodwork with pretty substantial claims whenever there's a thread about how much you can bench.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    It's funny how a bunch of people who never post here come out of the woodwork with pretty substantial claims whenever there's a thread about how much you can bench.
    like ?

if you're talking to me, well i don't need to , i already post on bb.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    like ?

if you're talking to me, well i don't need to , i already post on bb.com
    I was thinking possibly you, but more likely mr "I can bench 46kg for 8 but that won't help my physique" and the 50kg x4 guy. If dudes are serious enough about weight training to lift that much, and interested enough in talking about it to come and post bench numbers, why have we never seen them before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I was thinking possibly you, but more likely mr "I can bench 46kg for 8 but that won't help my physique" and the 50kg x4 guy. If dudes are serious enough about weight training to lift that much, and interested enough in talking about it to come and post bench numbers, why have we never seen them before?
    lol they're frauding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    96KG, 4 sets of 12 reps.
    wtf u on about

DB's that high do exist you know.. and some people (not many mind) can bench them.

But yeah I agree, chances are, with this guy, he's adding the two together to make a total.

Why do bench/curl threads bring out so many posters I've never seen before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
    DB's that high do exist you know.. and some people (not many mind) can bench them.

But yeah I agree, chances are, with this guy, he's adding the two together to make a total.

Why do bench/curl threads bring out so many posters I've never seen before?
    well yeah i know they exist because my gym has them, and my gym attracts the biggest people in Birmingham, and i've been there for 3 years, not one person has touched them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Bolton)
    lol it may be for you little man some of us have places in the record books we are more interested in lol
    Andy, text me mate if that is you this is Matt G

ReputationRep:
    well yeah i know they exist because my gym has them, and my gym attracts the biggest people in Birmingham, and i've been there for 3 years, not one person has touched them
    Where do you train?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Where do you train?
    Emporium gym

ReputationRep:
    Emporium gym
    yeah and me, in the am anyway, the biggst bells are 210 lbs in there and I have used them. Not for dumbbell press mind

ReputationRep:
    yeah and me, in the am anyway, the biggst bells are 210 lbs in there and I have used them. Not for dumbbell press mind
    LOl, u really go there ? yeah 210s, u used them for rows ?

ReputationRep:
    LOl, u really go there ? yeah 210s, u used them for rows ?
    Yep £30 a month, stupid thumb print thing to ge through turnstyle cardio upstairs and weights down big metal stairs.

Yeah I have done, I tend to do my heavy stuff at the colasium though as it has better dumbbells and equipment, Emporium needs some new fresh kit

ReputationRep:
    Andy, text me mate if that is you this is Matt G
    Come on Matt. Don't fall for it twice.

If that's Andy B then I'm Bill Starr. And no, I'm not Andy B either. Confused yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Rippetoe)
    Come on Matt. Don't fall for it twice.

If that's Andy B then I'm Bill Starr. And no, I'm not Andy B either. Confused yet?
    Lol hardly falling if it bub, very easy and simple way to bring out the dupe

ReputationRep:
    36kg, aiming to get to 40kg.

ReputationRep:
    Lol hardly falling if it bub, very easy and simple way to bring out the dupe
    He's not fooling anyone, no need to bring out the dupe. But lets see what he says.

ReputationRep:
    Yep £30 a month, stupid thumb print thing to ge through turnstyle cardio upstairs and weights down big metal stairs.

Yeah I have done, I tend to do my heavy stuff at the colasium though as it has better dumbbells and equipment, Emporium needs some new fresh kit
    Yeah, lol i think it has great equipment, they bought some nice things over the years, but overall not bad gym

ReputationRep:
    Usually do 40s in the low reps, need to stop myself though because for my needs I need to lower it and do more reps, but that bores me

ReputationRep:
    Bloodclots

where did your pic that you posted go, I was going to comment that no amount of muscle could compensate for the mental disfunction that occurred in your head when you thought it was a good idea to post that pic.

That pic deserves to be on the front cover of any gay Kazakhstanian magazine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.