Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    Bloodclots

where did your pic that you posted go, I was going to comment that no amount of muscle could compensate for the mental disfunction that occurred in your head when you thought it was a good idea to post that pic.

That pic deserves to be on the front cover of any gay Kazakhstanian magazine.
    jokes on you man...

ReputationRep:
    If it actually is the real andy bolton posting he's got the world record for deadlift. Basically the person that can lift the most on the planet(not sure all the 3 powerlifting lifts are around the 1000 mark, but i presume deadlift tops it). The blokes a legend and is freaking amazing.

you're an idiot by the way, plus Bolton has got huge amounts of muscle, hes a right solid unit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I was thinking possibly you, but more likely mr "I can bench 46kg for 8 but that won't help my physique" and the 50kg x4 guy. If dudes are serious enough about weight training to lift that much, and interested enough in talking about it to come and post bench numbers, why have we never seen them before?
    How is 46kg a substantial claim? There are few people in my gym who aren't capable of that, and like I said, for proper form I have to do far less (30kg or so).

You'll find most people who use this forum don't come here to chat about 'how much I can bench'. You'll find they come on here primarily to discuss student related things (hence the name and the purpose of the website). Unfortunately for you and big man Bolton, you'd rather try to be the internet big mouth than just contribute to the thread.

It's cute that you're trying to sound important though

ReputationRep:
    Just checked his pic and he's ****gin off andy bolton, i'm actually in shock.

A twig ****ging off a man mountain about training.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    How is 46kg a substantial claim? There are few people in my gym who aren't capable of that, and like I said, for proper form I have to do far less (30kg or so).

It's cute that you're trying to sound important though
    DAMN BRO your form must be REAAAL ****** if you have to go all the way down to 30kg dbs from 46kg.....thats a massive difference

ReputationRep:
    especially since hes repping the 46's for 8, how many reps is he doing on 30kg??? 5 sets of 25 reps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    DAMN BRO your form must be REAAAL ****** if you have to go all the way down to 30kg dbs from 46kg.....thats a massive difference
    Yeah definately. When I was doing 46's my form was hideous because it was the most I could lift (pointless). I stick to higher rep these days (15 or so) with smaller interval times to try and make the session a bit more cv intensive.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    If it actually is the real andy bolton posting he's got the world record for deadlift. Basically the person that can lift the most on the planet(not sure all the 3 powerlifting lifts are around the 1000 mark, but i presume deadlift tops it). The blokes a legend and is freaking amazing.

you're an idiot by the way, plus Bolton has got huge amounts of muscle, hes a right solid unit.
    Actually, the squat tops the list at 1235lbs I think. Then Andy's 1007lb deadlift and then Rychlak's 1005lb bench press. Of course, these are equipped records and you get a lot more out of a squat suit and bench shirt than you get out of a deadlift suit. The world's heaviest raw deadlift isn't much lower than 1000lbs but the biggest raw squat is much less than 1235lbs and the biggest raw bench is only 715lbs.

ReputationRep:
    How much can you CHAIR?!?

ReputationRep:
    yeah squat had me in doubt and i know the shirt on bench helps massively. I don't think Rychlaks has it anymore, i think someone else broke it.

Also with squat you got the whole is that really a squat arguement, some don't go down very far. Different feds have different ideas of a full squat.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yes, that as well. I think Donnie Thompson has the squat record. I've seen it on Youtube although to some I might sound like another arm chair jockey but the depth was a joke. Some of these backyard American federations have really ... 'relaxed' rules about depth and other things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qROD-wQ4SKg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Yes, that as well. I think Donnie Thompson has the squat record. I've seen it on Youtube although to some I might sound like another arm chair jockey but the depth was a joke. Some of these backyard American federations have really ... 'relaxed' rules about depth and other things.

Ryan kennely has benched 470kgs in competion and is the best bencher in the world

and to joel don't make me laugh with your bee stings kid I lift only for maximum weights now but I trained as a bodybuilder before and was bigger than you will ever be go join a gay boy band

ReputationRep:
    i know it sucks compared to you guys but i bench 18kg on both hands, but im getting there!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what I can do, never really viewed it as anything oher than an assistance excercise. I think I have done 60kg per hand before for reps but i am making a guesstimation here so could be well off the mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)

That squat is a total joke! I would have thought it's pretty obvious he can't have the legitimate best squat in the world when he can only deadlift 760lbs.

ReputationRep:
    Half-squat.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that squat was a WR anyway. I think Vlad still has that at 1250 or something. We know who Andy Bolton is and that is not him. Ryan Kennelly has the best bench press in the world with a clean lift, which most lifts over 1000 lbs are not. Donnie injured himself squatting at that meet. He has done an 800 lb raw deadlift conventional before, and his body shape is not remotely conducive to pulling. That was possibly the worst total ever to get passed - high squat, no lockout on bench or deadlift. He has the best two totals ever, one was at that meet and one was in a meet with no cameras allowed in. Any other time he wears canvas he bombs. His raw strength is ridiculous though and I'd love to see what he could have done in poly. Slightly lower numbers most likely but better lifts.

ReputationRep:
    Vlad's lift is amazing by the way. He almost falls forward at the bottom but somehow is able to wrestle 1250 lbs back into position. That's basically inhuman. It's below parallel aswell. To the basement as far as IPA standards are concerned.

ReputationRep:
    15kg

its fail in comparison to most people here, but everytime its chest day, its going up. That means progress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Vlad's lift is amazing by the way. He almost falls forward at the bottom but somehow is able to wrestle 1250 lbs back into position. That's basically inhuman. It's below parallel aswell. To the basement as far as IPA standards are concerned.
    That is awesome strength and control with that much weight.
    I do cringe a little though when i see the knees move fowards as i think they're just gonna pop out of place.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.