Turn on thread page Beta

How do you convince ur own mum that her relationship is crap! watch

ReputationRep:
    She married this guy hes a lazy money grabbing chauvanistic ******* without a job ! He doesn't cook for himself and Im always doing stuff for him when shes at work-she doesn't listen when anyone tries to make her face the truth about her toyboy.

This isn't just a rant I can give you a long justifiable list of why I think what I think but I don't want him to walk in and see me typing this!

Please don't quote because my comp is in the living room and I don't want the name of the thread to appear infront of them!

ReputationRep:
    Shack up with her man.

EDIT: And take lots of pics.

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming your mother isn't married to this guy? How long have they been together for? From what you have told us, it sounds as though their relationship is serious enough for them to be living with one another, so I would suggest this.

Is there anything you consider to be good in this bloke for your mum's happiness? Does he make her more secure and comfortable in herself? Perhaps makes her feel younger? Consider the positives of this man's influence in your mum's life before you go all guns blazing.

Sit your mum down and tell her that you have concerns that this person will not end up making her happy, and give sensible, calm reasons as to why you think this is the case. Perhaps consult one of her close female friends who might share the same opinion as you? You never know, a view from outside your family home might be heard more clearly.

Tell your mum how you feel unhappy for having to provide for this man when he contributes so little. Unfortunately, it's only your mum who can make her mind up as to whether he's worth the hassle. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    1) You photoshop pictures of him sucking off the milkman
    2) You help him pack

ReputationRep:
    No easy way im afraid, you mum likes who she likes and they always say love is blind. Say to your mum how you feel about him but as far to try and end the whole thing is a tall order as it is you mum that is going to have to go through the emotional hurt and everything if the relationship comes to an end. It may be a case of having to deal with it and if the guy is as bad as you say he is, she may see it in time but for the time being i dont think you can really say or do anything that will not cause her great pain at the fact that you are struggling with the guy she likely loves.

ReputationRep:
    She is an adult and you cant change her mind about this guy. You probably dont see the nice side of him and their must be a reason she is still with him. If you try and split them up she might think your jealous. Just be there when it goes wrong if it does. Also have you tried to get to know this guy?

It'd be fine if it was your mum staying at home right though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katierattray)
    She is an adult and you cant change her mind about this guy. You probably dont see the nice side of him and their must be a reason she is still with him. If you try and split them up she might think your jealous. Just be there when it goes wrong if it does. Also have you tried to get to know this guy?
    Exactly what i was thinking. OP you can't force her to fall out of love with this guy, no matter how lazy or money grabbing he is. She obviously sees something different which attracts her to him and if it comes to your mums happiness with him or sadness without...which is more important? and like katie said if it goes wrong there is your chance to be a good daughter, step in and help her pick up the pieces. she won't expect you to look after her at the moment and make sure she's making the right decisions, thats her job with you.
    Hope you don't feel too bad about it for too long, op

ReputationRep:
    If you tell her how you feel she'll probably dismiss it as jealousy and it'll probably make the situation worse, she's highly unlikely to suddenly divorce him because you think he's unsuitable. Unfortunately she has to see for herself what he's like.

ReputationRep:
    She has said im trying to ruin her marriage and that idont worry i come first but theres a million signs that hes rubbish . he can be funny rarely and im pretty sure shes in it for the *** but everyone agrees hes got a passport and is having a luxury life funded by us and has no intention of getting a job and will leave her the minute she pays for him to get a car etc.

She hasn't told barely anyone they're married because she knows what theyll say.

I cook for the guy and have to bring him things from the other side of the room because hes too fat and lazsy to do it for him self

The other day he said God doesn't want me to have a job!

Basically they have a massive row he cries makes a joke has *** w/ her and all is forgiven and hes off free

the other day he couldnt go to a job interview because he didnt have dark trousers so I said wear dark jeans which he conveniently spilt youghurt on and refused to wash even though i asked about 12 times saying they would stain and he tries to get my mum to turn against me by telling lies a bouit me and blaming me for things he does wrong.. I really want to just move out but I can't fund myself!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.