Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali242)
    why shouldnt they have a nuclear facility? you do.
    hmm why do you think they funded hamas and hezbollah?
    why did they attack you?
    hmmm all these questions need to be answered-oh wait they have.
    Maybe if you didnt come and create your own little Jewish state none of this would have happened-maybe if you stop killing civilians during your "wars" it wouldnt happen. And yes Hamas etc...do kill civilians and they are as bad as you, but you know you killed more by tenfold.
    Actually more Israelis have died than Palestinians. Fact.

Lol so when the Arabs killed Jewish civilians in the riots of the 1930s that was ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    point?
    That Iran has said for so long that it is able to strike Israel if it attacks...whats new? Nothing, it is well within it's right to strike if a foreign 'state' attacks it just as it attacks Palestine or Lebanon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Oh no!! Not the trees!!! Anything but them!!
    One million trees is a hell of a lot, indicating that Hezbollah's rocket attacks were extremely wide spread and powerful. Indicating that Israel's Lebanon war of 2006 was completely justified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    One million trees is a hell of a lot, indicating that Hezbollah's rocket attacks were extremely wide spread and powerful. Indicating that Israel's Lebanon war of 2006 was completely justified.
    i know if anyone killed my trees id definitely fight back....:cool:

and PLEASE give me a bloody break-more Israelis have died than Palestinians...ok keep believing that.....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    That Iran has said for so long that it is able to strike Israel if it attacks...whats new? Nothing, it is well within it's right to strike if a foreign 'state' attacks it just as it attacks Palestine or Lebanon.
    Yes but my point is that Iran said that to deter Israel from attacking a nuclear facility that Iran knows will allow it to subdue and potentially destroy Israel in the future - preemptively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    It only takes one nuclear bomb to hit Tel Aviv and that is the end of Israel. Just one.
    Israel is working on that principle. And why would Iran use its only bomb to attack Israel. It makes no sense to waste all of the Uranium in one strike an then leave yourself defenceless against the 200+ warheads Israel has. Also, seeing that Iran had enough Uranium to produce one bomb, Israel would only have to intercept one missile. We're not exactly talking about Iran making it rain.

Also, one nuclear warhead wouldn't destroy Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali242)
    i know if anyone killed my trees id definitely fight back....:cool:

and PLEASE give me a bloody break-more Israelis have died than Palestinians...ok keep believing that.....:rolleyes:
    Actually more Israelis have died in the conflict - mostly because 115,000 were killed in the war of independence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Israel is working on that principle. And why would Iran use its only bomb to attack Israel. It makes no sense to waste all of the Uranium in one strike an then leave yourself defenceless against the 200+ warheads Israel has. Also, seeing that Iran had enough Uranium to produce one bomb, Israel would only have to intercept one missile. We're not exactly talking about Iran making it rain.

Also, one nuclear warhead wouldn't destroy Israel.
    I don't know why Iran would nuke Israel, it would be the end of Iran.

Yes it would. Tel Aviv is the economic and cultural center of Israel, if Tel Aviv goes then Israel as a nation state would be ended. Ended not only because of the destruction of Israel's software and financial industries but also ended because of the radioactive material that would make the land for miles around Tel Aviv inhospitable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Yes it would. Tel Aviv is the economic and cultural center of Israel, if Tel Aviv goes then Israel as a nation state would be ended. Ended not only because of the destruction of Israel's software and financial industries but also ended because of the radioactive material that would make the land for miles around Tel Aviv inhospitable.
    Any Iranian bomb would be crude, mainly due to sanctions and lack of technology. Assuming that Iran could make a bomb to match Hiroshima about 2.5 km radius would be destroyed, that is roughly 1/10 of Israel's total area. Pretty bad, but not impossible to recover from. But this si speculative seeing that you can't give a reason why Iran would actually strike.

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for this day to come.

ReputationRep:
    Iran would never strike Israel first. If they did they would get destroyed. This is a non-story. He's just saying nuclear weapons would be used defensively if Iran was attacked first. This is the whole point of having weapons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosePetal)
    Waiting for this day to come.
    That is because you lack common sense, if that day occurred it would be an international disaster - and the end of the middle East and Iran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    That is because you lack common sense, if that day occurred it would be an international disaster - and the end of the middle East and Iran.
    How do I lack common sense? I'm not saying I WANT that day to come. Just waiting for it, if it ever comes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosePetal)
    How do I lack common sense? I'm not saying I WANT that day to come. Just waiting for it, if it ever comes.
    Hopefully it will never come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    don't use red alert 3 as a template for analysing real political conflicts.
    LOL!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    To be fair your title and quote is a little misleading. Not being one to defend Iran i must however point out that the article states how Iran is ready to attack Israel only if it is attacked first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navras)
    You're such a troll. Just wanting neg rep.

EDIT: Trying to provoke me into negging you by negging me with your useless rep won't work either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    'Taste of their own medicine,' name one time when Israel dropped a nuclear bomb on anybody. You cannot because it has never happened. A 'taste of their own medicine' implies that they are having something done to them that they often do to others. And so your statement is misleading and untruthful by the fact that Israel has never nuked anybody.

It would be more accurate if you were to say:
    'I wouln't mind seeing Israel getting destroyed' because that would not imply that Israel ever dropped a nuclear bomb on anybody - which is fact.
    Israel possesses, perhaps, more than 200 nuclear warheads. They even refuse to sign the treaties that prevent nuclear weapons being used. They have threatened Iran's facilities countless times. I think the real threat is Israel.

ReputationRep:
    I think many of you completely miss the point about Iran having nukes.

I don't think it's very likely that Iran will use them on anybody, and I don't think many people do.

But -

Consider North Korea. This country acts crazy, provokes and threatens it's neighbors and the west, and nothing can be done about it. Why? Because it has nukes, and therefore a military response is simply not an option.

Now, Iran IS very likely to go completely nuts after it has nukes. What are you going to do if it decides to block the Hurmuz strait? It did so before and failed, but this time it will threaten with nukes if someone tries to stop it.

The problem with a nuclear Iran is that it will allow it to become much more aggressive towards the west and the Arabs than it already is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.