Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The growth rate of the Arab population in Israel is 2.5%, while the growth rate of the Jewish population in Israel is 1.7%. The growth rate of the both Jewish and Arab population has slowed from 3.8% in 1999 to 2.4% in 2006 for Arab and 2.7% to 1.9% for the Jewish population. The fastest growing segment of population remain to be Arab Muslim with the latest growth rate of 2.8% for 2007. [3]

For many years definitive data on Israeli emigration was unavailable.[6] In The Israeli Diaspora sociologist Stephen J. Gold maintains that calculation of Jewish emigration has been a contentious issue, explaining, "Since Zionism, the philosophy that underlies the existence of the Jewish state, calls for return home of the world's Jews, the opposite movement - Israelis leaving the Jewish state to reside elsewhere - clearly presents an ideological and demographic problem."[7]

In the past several decades, emigration (yerida) has seen a considerable increase. From 1990 to 2005, 230,000 Israelis left the country; a large proportion of these departures included people who initially immigrated to Israel and then reversed their course (48% of all post-1990 departures and even 60% of 2003 and 2004 departures were former immigrants to Israel). 8% of Jewish immigrants in the post-1990 period left Israel, while 15% of non-Jewish immigrants did. In 2005 alone, 21,500 Israelis left the country and had not yet returned at the end of 2006; among them 73% were Jews, 5% Arabs, and 22% "Others" (mostly non-Jewish immigrants, with Jewish ancestry, from USSR). At the same time, 10,500 Israelis came back to Israel after over one year abroad; 84% were Jews, 9% Others, and 7% Arabs. [8]

According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics, as of 2005, 650,000 Israelis had left the country for over one year and not returned. Of them, 530,000 are still alive today. This number does not include the children born overseas. It should also be noted that Israeli law grants citizenship only to the first generation of children born to Israeli emigrants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    Preperations such as having an Armed Forces? :rolleyes:
    Or how about building their facilities under enough concrete to prevent a normal guided missile.

ReputationRep:
    The growth rate of the Arab population in Israel is 2.5%, while the growth rate of the Jewish population in Israel is 1.7%. The growth rate of the both Jewish and Arab population has slowed from 3.8% in 1999 to 2.4% in 2006 for Arab and 2.7% to 1.9% for the Jewish population. The fastest growing segment of population remain to be Arab Muslim with the latest growth rate of 2.8% for 2007. [3]

For many years definitive data on Israeli emigration was unavailable.[6] In The Israeli Diaspora sociologist Stephen J. Gold maintains that calculation of Jewish emigration has been a contentious issue, explaining, "Since Zionism, the philosophy that underlies the existence of the Jewish state, calls for return home of the world's Jews, the opposite movement - Israelis leaving the Jewish state to reside elsewhere - clearly presents an ideological and demographic problem."[7]

In the past several decades, emigration (yerida) has seen a considerable increase. From 1990 to 2005, 230,000 Israelis left the country; a large proportion of these departures included people who initially immigrated to Israel and then reversed their course (48% of all post-1990 departures and even 60% of 2003 and 2004 departures were former immigrants to Israel). 8% of Jewish immigrants in the post-1990 period left Israel, while 15% of non-Jewish immigrants did. In 2005 alone, 21,500 Israelis left the country and had not yet returned at the end of 2006; among them 73% were Jews, 5% Arabs, and 22% "Others" (mostly non-Jewish immigrants, with Jewish ancestry, from USSR). At the same time, 10,500 Israelis came back to Israel after over one year abroad; 84% were Jews, 9% Others, and 7% Arabs. [8]

According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics, as of 2005, 650,000 Israelis had left the country for over one year and not returned. Of them, 530,000 are still alive today. This number does not include the children born overseas. It should also be noted that Israeli law grants citizenship only to the first generation of children born to Israeli emigrants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel
    wrong thread mate, that should go in the Israeli-Palestinian thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Or how about building their facilities under enough concrete to prevent a normal guided missile.

That was after Israel's rhetoric of a premtive strike.

They didn't build the facilities under concrete, they built concrete over the facility.

BTW i want Iran to get a nuclear bomb and i hope they do.

They are not building bombs in those facilities, those facilities are open to IAEA inspectors and Iran is complying with them. IF they want to build bombs, they're probably doing it under a mountain.

ReputationRep:
    That was after Israel's rhetoric of a premtive strike.

They didn't build the facilities under concrete, they built concrete over the facility.

BTW i want Iran to get a nuclear bomb and i hope they do.

They are not building bombs in those facilities, those facilities are open to IAEA inspectors and Iran is complying with them. IF they want to build bombs, they're probably doing it under a mountain.
    Well if Iran wants to get a nuclear weapon you will probably see me in a couple of years wearing US army camouflage. So please say :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Well if Iran wants to get a nuclear weapon you will probably see me in a couple of years wearing US army camouflage. So please say :hello:

lmao.. You must be rambo2 then, because the invasion option has been out of the question since, well forever. Iran is not Iraq.

But, if that does ever happen (if scotlandstandup meets the santa that is) then i will see you there myself.

ReputationRep:
    lmao.. You must be rambo2 then, because the invasion option has been out of the question since, well forever. Iran is not Iraq.

But, if that does ever happen (if scotlandstandup meets the santa that is) then i will see you there myself.
    Rofl well I will be sure to give you a :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    You have not proven me wrong you nub. Someone already showed you that BBC article about how Hamas fired mortars into Israel SIX DAYS into the bloody truce. So don't make up stuff.

Also I am still in hysterics at your whole 'Excellent posts Bateman' HAHAHAHA

'The UN recorded seven IDF violations of the ceasefire between June 20 and June 26, and three violations by Palestinian groups not affiliated with Hamas between June 23 and 26.[45] On December 18, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, reported 185 Israeli violations during the lull period.[46] The Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center reported a total of 223 rockets and 139 mortar shells fired from Gaza during the lull, including 20 rockets and 18 mortar shells before November 4.'

You should quote more fully from your sources to show the real picture. Also the first 'IDF violation' was when the IDF thwarted a terrorist group from attacking Israel, a true 'violation' by UN terms, lol I can't believe my grandfather fought for the UN in Korea - that organization is a failure on foreign policy affairs.

So now you know, you're wrong. Israel broke the truce. They incited a war so they could win votes. the victims were over one thousand palestinians dead.

Who cares what you think you're an extreme racist who is clearly anti-Iranian.

Your quote tells the same story i did. I just plucked certain parts of it to make it shorter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    So now you know, you're wrong. Israel broke the truce. They incited a war so they could win votes. the victims were over one thousand palestinians dead.

Who cares what you think you're an extreme racist who is clearly anti-Iranian.

Your quote tells the same story i did. I just plucked certain parts of it to make it shorter.
    Rofl at the straw man.

I am just anti Iran getting Nukes, and against your president, the Mullahs and the Ayatollah.

Would you call self-defense breaking a truce?? I would not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Is it not a bit suspicious that Iran made preparations for their nuclear facilities to be under threat despite the fact that they are 'only for civilian purposes.' Seems like a waste of time if they really were for civilian purposes. Oh well I hope the US strikes it successfully so that I don't have to go in there as a soldier in the US army.

Not really. It has been proven Iran is only developing peaceful nuclear technology which they are completely allwoed to do and yet they are beign threatened by Israel and Israeli controlled nations....

Thats just being clever. They must have learned from Osirak.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. It has been proven Iran is only developing peaceful nuclear technology which they are completely allwoed to do and yet they are beign threatened by Israel and Israeli controlled nations....

Thats just being clever. They must have learned from Osirak.
    Proven by what?? Your empty words??:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Rofl at the straw man.

I am just anti Iran getting Nukes, and against your president, the Mullahs and the Ayatollah.

Would you call self-defense breaking a truce?? I would not.

No you are clearly a vicious racist. You hate Iranian people. You want Iranian people to live in the stoneage. Israel has a policy of reducing its neighbours to stoneage nations like the bombing of Lebanese infrastructure during the Lebanon war even though there was no fighting in certain regions they still bombed the bridges and motorways there etc.
    Now they want Iran to give up on nuclear technology while they themselves have so much nuclear technology. Sorry, but no!

I support Irans nuclear right!

I am anti-Israel having nukes, they cannot be trusted with nuclear weapons.

ReputationRep:
    No you are clearly a vicious racist. You hate Iranian people. You want Iranian people to live in the stoneage. Israel has a policy of reducing its neighbours to stoneage nations like the bombing of Lebanese infrastructure during the Lebanon war even though there was no fighting in certain regions they still bombed the bridges and motorways there etc.
    Now they want Iran to give up on nuclear technology while they themselves have so much nuclear technology. Sorry, but no!

I support Irans nuclear right!

I am anti-Israel having nukes, they cannot be trusted with nuclear weapons.
    LMAO stop putting words in my mouth and start reading what I write.

You may support Iran's nuclear right but no other nation does, so have fun with that :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Proven by what?? Your empty words??:rolleyes:
    ''A November 2007 United States National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) judged that Iran halted an active nuclear weapons program in fall 2003 and that it remained halted as of mid-2007. The estimate further judged that US intelligence did not know whether Iran intended "to develop nuclear weapons," but that "Iran probably would be technically capable of producing enough HEU [highly enriched uranium] for a weapon sometime during the 2010-2015 time frame" if it chose to do so.[4] Iran states its nuclear program is peaceful.[5] Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said he has seen no evidence of any nuclear weapons program in Iran.[6] The head of the IAEA, Mohamed ElBaradei, has stated that he has seen "maybe some studies about possible weaponization", but "no evidence" of "nuclear material that can readily be used into a weapon" or "an active weaponization program" as of October 2007.[7]''

So all evidense shows Iran is not developing nuclear weapons, you only have conspiracy theories to rely on to support your side of the argument.

However i would like to point out i support all iranian nuclear advancement including the right to build nuclear weapons. I hope Iran ahs the ability to make nuclear weapons very soon.

During the Iran-Iraq war 1 million Iranians died. Iraq was supported by America, Britain, China, Russia etc.... it was a slaughter and Iran must ensure this never happens again at all costs.

ReputationRep:
    ''A November 2007 United States National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) judged that Iran halted an active nuclear weapons program in fall 2003 and that it remained halted as of mid-2007. The estimate further judged that US intelligence did not know whether Iran intended "to develop nuclear weapons," but that "Iran probably would be technically capable of producing enough HEU [highly enriched uranium] for a weapon sometime during the 2010-2015 time frame" if it chose to do so.[4] Iran states its nuclear program is peaceful.[5] Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said he has seen no evidence of any nuclear weapons program in Iran.[6] The head of the IAEA, Mohamed ElBaradei, has stated that he has seen "maybe some studies about possible weaponization", but "no evidence" of "nuclear material that can readily be used into a weapon" or "an active weaponization program" as of October 2007.[7]''

So all evidense shows Iran is not developing nuclear weapons, you only have conspiracy theories to rely on to support your side of the argument.

However i would like to point out i support all iranian nuclear advancement including the right to build nuclear weapons. I hope Iran ahs the ability to make nuclear weapons very soon.

During the Iran-Iraq war 1 million Iranians died. Iraq was supported by America, Britain, China, Russia etc.... it was a slaughter and Iran must ensure this never happens again at all costs.
    Wow you gave a source almost 2 years old :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    LMAO stop putting words in my mouth and start reading what I write.

You may support Iran's nuclear right but no other nation does, so have fun with that :top:

Sorry do you not throw around the term anti-semite equally? You are a hypocrite and a moron for not realising i am imitating you.

Who cares if any nations supports Irans nuclear rights. irans nuclear development is inevitable. The whole world supported Iraq as they dropped biological and chemical weapons on Iran, Iran still fought and beat Iraq with the world against it. Nothing has changed.

ReputationRep:
    No one cares what any other country thinks, Iran has to get these nukes and we will. There is no point in getting them now. We need to develop better delivery systems and we need to develop better infrastructures for our economy.

It would be stupid to make it now because it will start an arms race meaning that Arab countries will start building their own weapons instead of buying watered down American weapons. This is one issue where Israel and Iran both agree on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Wow you gave a source almost 2 years old :banghead:
    There is evidense showing Iran is not developing nuclear weapons, please show me your source claiming it is. Oh wait, you only have a conspiracy theory about a second holocaust.

ReputationRep:
    No one cares what any other country thinks, Iran has to get these nukes and we will. There is no point in getting them now. We need to develop better delivery systems and we need to develop better infrastructures for our economy.

It would be stupid to make it now because it will start an arms race meaning that Arab countries will start building their own weapons instead of buying watered down American weapons. This is one issue where Israel and Iran both agree on.
    Iran needs to develop nuclear submarines, then Iran could deliver a nuclear strike against any nation in the world ensuring no future wars against Iran.

I doubt America will bomb Iran knowing New York will become a glass sheet 2 minutes later.

ReputationRep:
    Iran needs to develop nuclear submarines, then Iran could deliver a nuclear strike against any nation in the world ensuring no future wars against Iran.

I doubt America will bomb Iran knowing New York will become a glass sheet 2 minutes later.

We need to learn how to walk before we run.

Nuclear submarines would come after we develop nuclear ICBM's.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.