Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should i be worried? (another student finance thread...sorry) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I applied for student finance months ago way before their requested deadline of the 26th June, this included my fathers financial information. I therefore thought the main bulk was over with.

I then got an email around the 1st July saying they are still waiting on the financial information of my sponsor1 now i know many people have been getting these but i thought to be on the safe side i will send a copy of what was originally sent off with a letter saying they asked me again so to make certain i have provided it again.

I still havent heard back at all from student finance and when i phoned up a few weeks back was told there was an 8 week turn around to process, it has been over 8 weeks since i completed my application.

i have not recieved any letters of declaration or anything yet my sister who is renewing her student finance got her letter of declaration, signed it and returned it.

should i be worried? (ps i will contact them tomorrow...well later today :p: )

**UPDATE**

I have checked my student finance application online and it says that i have been approved and awaiting signature so im guessing the letter is in the post that i have to sign.

BUT

They have said on a letter i have not yet recieved (i checked through the 'correspondence' part of my application) they were unable to means test my household income so i am not getting the full amount, the amount on the letter was roughly for the tuiton fee a grand lower. I dont see how they could not have gotten it, i sent it TWICE!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.