Turn on thread page Beta

How much does uni name + degree class determine your job/salary? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelScofield)
    You just don't understand my argument. If you had the personal attributes a top employer desired then you more often than not would have gone to a (comparatively) good university.
    Thats your argument? Christ.

ReputationRep:
    To the person who negatively repped me for "misspelling" "Schofield" as "Scofield", you are a degenerate. The character "Michael Scofield", who is blatantly my online subterfuge, does indeed omit the "h" from his surname.

To you and the other person who repped me, at least have the bottle to tell me who you are next time. Cowards.

Alot of people seem to be quick to launch ad hominem attacks. Have you not noticed that I have NEVER stated that I agree with university quality taking precedence? I am trying to make people aware that not all degrees are equal and that there is somewhat of a "degree gradient" ,that employers are not idiots and are not blind to this fact. You, in your misplaced nobility, only perpetuate the disinformation that ensures that a shocking number of people enter higher education and get into debt on misguided pretences.

ReputationRep:
    Thats your argument? Christ.
    Not in it's entirety, no. Moreover, you are hardly someone with which a debate is worthwhile if you can only express yourself in blasphemy. Please justify your side of the argument in future.

ReputationRep:
    Not in it's entirety, no. Moreover, you are hardly someone with which a debate is worthwhile if you can only express yourself in blasphomy. Please justify your side of the argument in future.
    Says the man who spits the dummy out when people who neg him won't say who they are? What do you want, an e-fight? I'm sure the internet tough guy routine (along with mis-spellings of his own and the hilarious social engineer debate) is impressing everyone on here- I'm sure you're absolutely mental and as hard as nails, so calm down petal.

I'm perfectly eloquent to those who deserve it. To those who dig themselves deeper into a hole with one ridiculous argument after another, I reserve the right to express bemusement at the idiocy TSR seems to have a monopoly on these days. Believe what you want to believe, no amount of points to the contrary will convince you otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Says the man who spits the dummy out when people who neg him won't say who they are? What do you want, an e-fight? I'm sure the internet tough guy routine (along with mis-spellings of his own and the hilarious social engineer debate) is impressing everyone on here- I'm sure you're absolutely mental and as hard as nails, so calm down petal.

I'm perfectly eloquent to those who deserve it. To those who dig themselves deeper into a hole with one ridiculous argument after another, I reserve the right to express bemusement at the idiocy TSR seems to have a monopoly on these days. Believe what you want to believe, no amount of points to the contrary will convince you otherwise.
    How ironic, your opinion of me is basically how you have portrayed yourself. What an imbecile.....

ReputationRep:
    How ironic, your opinion of me is basically how you have portrayed yourself. What an imbecile.....
    :facepalm:

Evidently, (and not for the first time on here) that went right over your head, didn't it?

Kids these days...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.