Turn on thread page Beta

Any skydivers? watch

ReputationRep:
    Joining my uni's skydiving soc next semester, just to try something new... plus the trips look fun. Not sure though, as it's rather costly (I have the money but don't wanna fritter it away on any old thing!), plus I'm a tad afraid of being the idiot who forgets how to deploy their parachute and dies.

Any of you wanna sing its praises or put me off? :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty awesome. Dunno what else to say which wouldn't involve me stroking my epeen. Just go and have fun, and don't think about it too much or you'll chicken out.

ReputationRep:
    your uni has a sky diving soc?

That is awesome! My uni is so crap, we don't even have a uni bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deanna19)
    your uni has a sky diving soc?

That is awesome! My uni is so crap, we don't even have a uni bar.
    haha I took it for granted, I guess it is pretty awesome! Wish I'd made more use of the socs in first year though.

Is yours a campus or city uni? At least if it's city, you have city bars really think the SU and activities are important though, just to make you feel settled in and part of the uni! Because it's so easy not to.

ReputationRep:
    Can be really frustrating waiting around for the right weather conditions tbh, and it's a bit of a hassle. But yes, immensely cool :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G50)
    It's pretty awesome. Dunno what else to say which wouldn't involve me stroking my epeen. Just go and have fun, and don't think about it too much or you'll chicken out.
    I have a friend who does it and I've lost count of the amount of times I've asked him about the probability of dying! Oh, and you're welcome to stroke your epeen if you wish :p:

ReputationRep:
    Have done it twice - once over Plettenberg Bay, South Africa (10 000ft) and again over Lake Taupo in New Zealand (15 000ft). Probably the most incredible feeling I've ever experienced.

If my uni has a skydiving soc, I damn well will be joining!

Oh, and don't fret about the possibility of dying - you will practice it MANY times before they let you out alone..... far far more likely to be killed crossing the street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixira)
    haha I took it for granted, I guess it is pretty awesome! Wish I'd made more use of the socs in first year though.

Is yours a campus or city uni? At least if it's city, you have city bars really think the SU and activities are important though, just to make you feel settled in and part of the uni! Because it's so easy not to.

Wellll to set the scene I live in Australia and go to a regional uni which is not ideal. The course is ok but the whole university lifestyle is ****!

We don't even have a uni bar because the last one turned out to be against safety regulations and there are pretty much no student activities.

The only society we have is the engineers undergraduate society and pretty much all we do is organize events to get drunk.

I WANT A SKY DIVING SOC!!!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.