Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello This is going to be a little complicated, but I'd appreciate advice/help. I think the slower you read this, the easier it is to understand. :p:

I sat an A-level at two different exam centres this June. One module at one centre, the other two modules at another. I did Edexcel A2 History.

I'm pretty sure I did everything right in regards to getting my results successfully in August - I used the same UCI number for all my exams, did all the paperwork relevant, so I think it will all work in regards to UCAS. However, I'm not actually sure how it's going to work on results day.

I'm getting my results through Edexcel plus - the centre I sat the two modules at provided me with the Edexcel pin etc, mostly because the centre is in London and it would save me having to trek there to get my results. However, I had two different candidate numbers for each centre, and as logging into Edexcel plus requires you to submit your candidate number, I think this might mean I'll only get two of my modules with this system. So, 6AM on 20th August I'll probably only see two module results on Edexcel plus, thus having only two thirds of my History grade, it would seem.

Now I'd imagine the other centre where I sat one module will send me my results by post on results day - but to be honest, I don't know. On the day of my exam, all the college computers were down and they didn't even know I was meant to be turning up. They seemed to work everything out for me, but due to the **** up I don't know if they even know they're supposed to be sending me my result, and so I don't know how it's going to work. Does this mean I'll get 2 module results at 6 o'clock, then have to wait for the post to arrive, get the other result, then have to add them up myself? I don't even know if I'm going to receive a certificate from Edexcel either with everything totalled up. I'm just not sure if I'm allowed to add it all together myself, because I don't think Edexcel is going to do it, if they are sending my results to two different centres. Which therefore may mean, UCAS won't get a total grade from Edexcel on results day.

So basically I was wondering if I could ring up Edexcel and get them to send all my results to one centre, or is that against the rules? Because it seems that would sort everything out. Oh and to make things even more complicated, I don't even know if either centre submitted the cash in code - the centre I sat one module at was supposed to do it, but after the computers being down and no record of me sitting the exam being anywhere when I arrived, I don't know if they've done it.

Could someone just give me some sort of plan of action please? :p: Thanks for reading x

ReputationRep:
    Contact the exams officers at both of your colleges, perhaps, to find out exactly what's going on? Check your college websites, which should list contact numbers and email addresses for their examinations officers. All of them across the country at pretty much every college/sixth form will most likely be working office hours at these centres because now is the most busy time. They've got to be there to make sure that everything runs smoothly in the results day process.

It wouldn't hurt contacting Edexcel too, but I'm pretty sure they include every single result for every exam you have taken with Edexcel this year (on ResultsPlus). So if you used to the same UCI number, that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not 100% sure though, so it's always best to double check. UCAS will be receiving the results directly, so you don't need to worry about that, but it's best to sort out this "**** up" right now before things start getting too busy. And it'll help you avoid a lot of stress nearer the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Areontas)
    Contact the exams officers at both of your colleges, perhaps, to find out exactly what's going on? Check your college websites, which should list contact numbers and email addresses for their examinations officers. All of them across the country at pretty much every college/sixth form will most likely be working office hours at these centres because now is the most busy time. They've got to be there to make sure that everything runs smoothly in the results day process.

It wouldn't hurt contacting Edexcel too, but I'm pretty sure they include every single result for every exam you have taken with Edexcel this year (on ResultsPlus). So if you used to the same UCI number, that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not 100% sure though, so it's always best to double check. UCAS will be receiving the results directly, so you don't need to worry about that, but it's best to sort out this "**** up" right now before things start getting too busy. And it'll help you avoid a lot of stress nearer the time.
    Thanks a lot, got an idea of what I need to do now. +rep for you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.