Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which of the following two honours degrees do you feel are likely to give you a... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    more of a better chance and wider opportunity of actually finding employment in todays competitive business world.The two degrees are A)Human resources management degree 2:1 B)Business and Management degree 2:1.Which of the two would you choose.(I'm just estimating I'll get a 2:1 lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_opinionated)
    more of a better chance and wider opportunity of actually finding employment in todays competitive business world.The two degrees are A)Human resources management degree 2:1 B)Business and Management degree 2:1.Which of the two would you choose.(I'm just estimating I'll get a 2:1 lol)
    at which uni's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valkyrja)
    at which uni's?
    There's no need to state the uni bcause this question focuses more on the vourse subjects and which of the two are better for job prospects.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the Uni does matter as two courses although similarly named, may differ in content.

Regardless, if I can assume that you are yet to pick one of the two to study. That would mean that you are some way off graduating and who knows what the jobs market will be like next month, nevermind in 3/4 years time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_opinionated)
    There's no need to state the uni bcause this question focuses more on the vourse subjects and which of the two are better for job prospects.
    Well.....actually it does matter about the uni because some have really strong specific courses.

But in any case I would suggest either really - just go for what you're interested in because ultimately they've got quite similar sounding titles (although why anyone would willingly want to work in Human Resources is beyond me) and as DammitBauer said you won't be graduating for quite a few years so heaven knows what it'll be like then....plus imo in order to better your job prospects you really need to do an MA to get you ahead of the curve because every tom, **** and harry has a BA nowadays.

Have you thought about doing a course with a less specific title? perhaps business or economics? keeping your options open would probably be the safest bet for you if you're unsure.

ReputationRep:
    Well if they were at the same uni with the same reputation for each course, my instinct would be Business Management would be better. I'm really not basing that on anything though to be honest, it's just my personal opinion on what course name gives me the best impression.

But the universities do matter in reality, prestige does help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valkyrja)
    Well.....actually it does matter about the uni because some have really strong specific courses.

But in any case I would suggest either really - just go for what you're interested in because ultimately they've got quite similar sounding titles (although why anyone would willingly want to work in Human Resources is beyond me) and as DammitBauer said you won't be graduating for quite a few years so heaven knows what it'll be like then....plus imo in order to better your job prospects you really need to do an MA to get you ahead of the curve because every tom, **** and harry has a BA nowadays.

Have you thought about doing a course with a less specific title? perhaps business or economics? keeping your options open would probably be the safest bet for you if you're unsure.

:eek: Of course i know that but I don't think you propperly understood my Q.But thnx for replying anyway.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.