Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just wonderin coz im doin a2 levels and the tutor said in order to revise properly you have to revise in complete silence? is this true coz when i try and study i can always hear the tv downstairs. will this be a disadvantage. soz i know its a stupid thread

ReputationRep:
    you take in more in scilence....

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    you take in more in scilence....

love Katy ***
    are u sure coz i thought that if u concentrated hard then the sound would kinda dissapear lol

ReputationRep:
    i certainly learn more in silence
    because otherwise i get distracted too easily and can't get my work done looks like im gonna have to lock myself away for the following year to do well in my A Levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    are u sure coz i thought that if u concentrated hard then the sound would kinda dissapear lol
    yup.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    In order to revise, I need noise - and lots of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    just wonderin coz im doin a2 levels and the tutor said in order to revise properly you have to revise in complete silence? is this true coz when i try and study i can always hear the tv downstairs. will this be a disadvantage. soz i know its a stupid thread
    why dont u close the door? And anyway, sometimes noise is helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    In order to revise, I need noise - and lots of it.
    Lol same here, too much silence drives me crazy kinda feels like you are in a black & white movie with no noise kinda thing

I always find some music in the b-ground helps....*same here I always hear TV in my house too that's usually why I have music on much better than trying to 1/2 listen to what the tv is saying*

Cat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    why dont u close the door? And anyway, sometimes noise is helpful.
    i do close the door but im kinda of obbsesive and can still hear it lol

ReputationRep:
    i can only revise if i have music on in the background...mellow of course

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes need something on on the radio in the background, especially if everyone is asleep while you're revising. It reminds me that other people are still there awake too, besides you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I sometimes need something on on the radio in the background, especially if everyone is asleep while you're revising. It reminds me that other people are still there awake too, besides you.
    yeah but why would u want other ppl to be awake too lol

ReputationRep:
    I prefer some sort of background music, preferably at a low volume. If anything about the music will distract me it's the lyrics, which is why trance works!

I much prefer revising with mates (and by no means in silence, we are so rowdy!), so when they ask for help I can give the answer and it helps me understand it better.

ReputationRep:
    i love silence... i cant do my h/wk even some1 s talking silently
    but i love revisin with mates.............. that dont go crazy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    i do close the door but im kinda of obbsesive and can still hear it lol
    same here! we live in bungalow so i can hear pretty much everything - it drives me insane at times! thats why i luv revising at nite, wen everyone's asleep , or wen im home alone

ReputationRep:
    Hell no, the silence kills me and puts me under so much pressure. It's true that you can take more in generally, and it's less probable that you'll get distracted, but sometimes complete silence can wreak havoc among the nerves of people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    yeah but why would u want other ppl to be awake too lol
    Sometimes it's too silent, and you know that your whole family's asleep, but not you. It's just more comforting to know that other people have late nights too. I dunno, I just prefer it that way.

ReputationRep:
    When I revised for my exams (both GCSE and A-level) I always had music playing. I still always have music playing when I am doing work - I find it helps me concentrate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbphd)
    When I revised for my exams (both GCSE and A-level) I always had music playing. I still always have music playing when I am doing work - I find it helps me concentrate.
    Classical music helps me - sad and highbrow though it may seem... pop/rock/whatever else I have on gets distracting cos I keep singing along!

ReputationRep:
    I revise whole night frequently while watching ftv . having the tv turned on but the sound turned off helps me to concentrate but relax at the same time .

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.