Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am travelling to Switzerland in a couple of weeks time, camping. I want to take my camping stove with me.

I know I obviously can't take the actual gas canisters with me. But, I have heard about people who have had their stoves confiscated as they have/may have traces of fuel on them? I also have a metal bottle which I can use instead of gas canisiters for putting liquid fuel in. Again, there is no fuel in it, but it has contained fuel. Is that a no go?

Any one got any experience of this kind of thing? Should I tell them I have it when I go to check in? Or risk it?

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend phoning the airline before travel and asking, as they may have individual policies.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.