Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I CANT COOK...My Options? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Cheese + onion rosti is the way forward.

Grate two potatoes, grate some cheese, cut half an onion and chop it ups (don't need the onion or cheese, really, up to your taste), then form into two 'cakes', slap in a frying pan for about 5-10 minutes and you are done. Easy peasy and it's so customisable it's insane.

ReputationRep:
    videojug has some good guides...I picked up a little student cookbook for 60p off Amazon, combined with my catering knowledge...just gotta learn..

ReputationRep:
    Pasta is so quick and easy - boil pasta in a pan of water and cook chopped toms with veg and onion in a wok easy. chicken chasseur cassorol is easy too. Buy a packet mix and mix it with cold water put chopped onion carrot etc whatever veg you want in an oven proof dish, put chicken breast in it and pour the chasseur and water mix over it them wack it in the oven for an hour and a half. You can add dumplins in too during the last 20 mins yum . Also meat stirfrys are quick and easy.

ReputationRep:
    Supernoodles are your friend

Stirfries are very simple to do, as is mashed potato (overboil, then drain, stick a bit of butter in and a big splash of milk.) Another thing I did was put glaze a chicken breast with oil, sprinkle it with mixed herbs and put it under the grill until cooked. Always came out very juicy and tender

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.