Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how would LSE take my application if i was to skip a year after i graduate then get into to college. The reason why i am planning to skip is so that i can focus to get good A level grades because i am doing both the American and British curriculum at the same time. I would graduate from the American Curriculum by 2010 (MAY) and was thinkin about finishing my a levels and resit bad scores too. Another reason is that currently under the british curriculum i have only five IGCSEs with the following grades in parenthesis; Math (A), Business(A), Economics(A), English First Language(A), and Accounting(C). And i dont think i have been getting A's on my AS levels. So i was thinking about takin a gap yr like i explained. So, basically, i am wondering how will LSE take this gap year of mine? I am planning to get more IGCSEs done and try for A*, along with resit A-levels too. So, how'd u guys think i shud take the gap yr or not? And please advice me on anything u guys think appropriate that i should do.

Thanks to all in advance,
    Ramon

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean apply a year later through UCAS basically?

If so I'm quite certain that you can do apply a year later.

ReputationRep:
    How about applying with your US exam results?

ReputationRep:
    well my grades in the US arent that good
    but wat i meant by skip year is that i will be graduatin in 2010 June rite. Is it okay if i apply for starting LSE at 2011. Thats was wat i meant...so u guys think they would mind if i did so, i mean how would graduatin in 2010 but apply for learning 2011 affect my application?

ReputationRep:
    i think the rite word wud be gap year rite?
    well thats wat i am askin.. please tell me anyone who has done it or planning to do it and how LSE reacts to it.

ReputationRep:
    AFAIK you won't be disadvantaged by doing a gap year. I have friends who have done so and are now at the LSE. Just explain in your PS what you're planning to do and you'll be fine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.