Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how would LSE take my application if i was to skip a year after i graduate then get into to college. The reason why i am planning to skip is so that i can focus to get good A level grades because i am doing both the American and British curriculum at the same time. I would graduate from the American Curriculum by 2010 (MAY) and was thinkin about finishing my a levels and resit bad scores too. Another reason is that currently under the british curriculum i have only five IGCSEs with the following grades in parenthesis; Math (A), Business(A), Economics(A), English First Language(A), and Accounting(C). And i dont think i have been getting A's on my AS levels. So i was thinking about takin a gap yr like i explained. So, basically, i am wondering how will LSE take this gap year of mine? I am planning to get more IGCSEs done and try for A*, along with resit A-levels too. So, how'd u guys think i shud take the gap yr or not? And please advice me on anything u guys think appropriate that i should do.

Thanks to all in advance,
    Ramon

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean apply a year later through UCAS basically?

If so I'm quite certain that you can do apply a year later.

ReputationRep:
    How about applying with your US exam results?

ReputationRep:
    well my grades in the US arent that good
    but wat i meant by skip year is that i will be graduatin in 2010 June rite. Is it okay if i apply for starting LSE at 2011. Thats was wat i meant...so u guys think they would mind if i did so, i mean how would graduatin in 2010 but apply for learning 2011 affect my application?

ReputationRep:
    i think the rite word wud be gap year rite?
    well thats wat i am askin.. please tell me anyone who has done it or planning to do it and how LSE reacts to it.

ReputationRep:
    AFAIK you won't be disadvantaged by doing a gap year. I have friends who have done so and are now at the LSE. Just explain in your PS what you're planning to do and you'll be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.