Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    cant even be arsed with anon now just need some advice.
    things with my boyfriend havent been good for a while. ive forgiven him for many things over the 2 and a half years and him treating me rubbish has resulted in me fancying another guy recently, thats how bad things got.
    things were fine with us and then on saturday night he rang me drunk calling me a '****' and a '*****'. he rang me 7 times that night and was offensive each time. hes done this loads when drunk, then the next day says hes sorry, brings flowers or something, says he will 'quit drinking' then it happens again a few months later. thats not even all of our problems anyway just the most recent one.

i know ending it would be for the best, but i am so so scared to end it. how did people cope with breaking up? and how did you get the guts to even do it?? i guess i still love him and im scared itll be the wrong decision in the long run but everyone tells me i shouldnt get spoken to like that even when hes wasted and doesnt know what hes saying. help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madeline06)
    cant even be arsed with anon now just need some advice.
    things with my boyfriend havent been good for a while. ive forgiven him for many things over the 2 and a half years and him treating me rubbish has resulted in me fancying another guy recently, thats how bad things got.
    things were fine with us and then on saturday night he rang me drunk calling me a '****' and a '*****'. he rang me 7 times that night and was offensive each time. hes done this loads when drunk, then the next day says hes sorry, brings flowers or something, says he will 'quit drinking' then it happens again a few months later. thats not even all of our problems anyway just the most recent one.

i know ending it would be for the best, but i am so so scared to end it. how did people cope with breaking up? and how did you get the guts to even do it?? i guess i still love him and im scared itll be the wrong decision in the long run but everyone tells me i shouldnt get spoken to like that even when hes wasted and doesnt know what hes saying. help
    Aren't you contradicting yourself?

If you think that ending the relationship is the best thing to do, find an appropriate time and tell him.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhokes)
    Aren't you contradicting yourself?

If you think that ending the relationship is the best thing to do, find an appropriate time and tell him.

Good luck.
    yea i guess haha, what i mean is what if i think its the right thing to do but it isnt really??

ReputationRep:
    If you want to make an omlette, you gotta break a few eggs. Why live in fear of being miserable when your miserable all ready? take a chance would be my advice but this seems like the right decision all round

ReputationRep:
    i really don't think you'll regret it. i understand that breaking up with someone can be very difficult, you don't want to hurt their feelings etc...but at the same time, you gotta look after number 1! if you're not completely happy, its not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he has no problem hurting your feelings; you should therefore feel no similar such obligation to his.

ReputationRep:
    he's being nice to me now. talking about celebrating our 2 and a half year anniversary on saturday and just not being horrible. it makes it harder that he is actually nice sometimes but also an arse quite often! i really suck at ending relationships.

ReputationRep:
    I was recently in a very similar situation. I dont envy you one bit. Breaking someones heart is not a fun thing to do and its x100 worse if you still care about them.

Just do what you have to do. Get it over with and rip off the band-aid

ReputationRep:
    You just have to bite the bullet and do it. It sounds like you'll just be miserable with him otherwise. Just because there's a few good times between the disasters doesn't mean it's ok. It sounds like you've put up with a lot and it's time for you to break away from him.

ReputationRep:
    you don't seem happy in your relationship as your bf treats you like s**t. So breaking up seems to be the best solution.

ReputationRep:
    i ended it in october and it's the best thing i ever did can't believe how scared i was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madeline06)
    i ended it in october and it's the best thing i ever did can't believe how scared i was

Well done

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.