Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Any way to find out results (A-level) early ? (heard a few rumors but are they true?) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :s

ReputationRep:
    I'm not aware of any ways to get the results early.

(it would help if you posted the rumours so people could comment on whether they are true or not!)
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Not possible, unless you raid somewhere [illegal, obviously] or they get leaked by teachers/unis/exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    well you can apparently log onto ucas track at midnihgt/7am (depending on who you believe) to see if you have got into uni or not

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to know mine early so that I can sort my accomodation out

ReputationRep:
    what are the rumors you have been told?

ReputationRep:
    I know my A level results already, but I'm not telling anyone.

ReputationRep:
    You can go onto UCAS at 7am in the morning and the status for your 2 choices will have changed to accepted or declined...But you don't actually find out the grades...just whether your grades got you into your firm or insurance choice...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There is no way to obtain the results early. The exams officer at your school (and any teacher who is registered) can access them the day before you (so that they can compile statistics for release to the local press) but that is as early as it gets.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by dougiemacs)
    well you can apparently log onto ucas track at midnihgt/7am (depending on who you believe) to see if you have got into uni or not
    I have heard this. Its a shame im not going to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dougiemacs)
    This happened to me in 2006. I checked at about 12.30 the night before and it worked - not for long though. Long enough for me to run around cheering :d

ReputationRep:
    you can't check track this year at midnight; it's been changed so you can only see if you have got into your firm/insurance at about midday on results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by botchok5)
    I'd like to know mine early so that I can sort my accomodation out
    Wouldn't we all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alowe)
    you can't check track this year at midnight; it's been changed so you can only see if you have got into your firm/insurance at about midday on results day.
    that seems unnecessarily cruel. its not gonna do any harm if we learn our results a few hours early. seems like they want us 2 be really tense and whatnot

ReputationRep:
    they are spoiling our fun, damn UCAS!

there must be a glitch in the system: where are the Imperial computists whn you need them? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    OP: No, there is no way of getting your results any earlier than the rest of the country. Of course, teachers find out your results the day before you, and universities find out the Monday before you, but they're all legally obliged to keep everything under wraps and not mention a thing to anybody.

RE UCAS: I went through the UCAS process last year, and found that after an hour's worth of pressing F5 from Midnight onwards, it still refused to tell me whether I'd made my offer or not. As far as I'm aware, it updated at around 6.33am last year

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I checked ucas before I went to pick my results up, that was at about 9am (probably a little bit sad that the first thing i thought of that day was to check UCAS, but hey..)

ReputationRep:
    Well there is one way, let me explain.

Basically you have to kidnap an examiner, tie him to your bed with a knife to his throat and demand your results

ReputationRep:
    and even he wouldn't know your grade, I heard they work out the grade boundaries once theyve marked the exam and find out how everyone has done :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not aware of getting your results early, it's probably a rumour.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.