The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? No.
2: Do you do anything to change it? I'm currently running every two days and cycling every two days, and am going to start swimming sometimes, too.
3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? Causes what within me? :p:
4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? One of the other what?
5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? They say I'm not as big as I think.
6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? Not really, but I'm quite unfit atm.

I think my body type is average tbh, maybe leaning towards the heavy side.
Reply 21
Low Key
Though I never made that claim, if those family members were to see it then I've no doubt that they would appreciate its beauty as much as any other woman. It really is that fabulous.
I also never mentioned prostitution being in my family. You do like making things up, don't you. It does discredit your claims of size, activity and the presence of an actual seeing eye in it.

Ah. Je suis desole. Mais c'est vrai que ta mère est une prostituée parce que seul un salaud qui agissent comme un énorme pénis. Mon pénis est plus grande que la vôtre monsieur so :p:

Yes... fluent in french and a big penis. God I am the perfect man !!!
1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? No

2: Do you do anything to change it? Yes, got myself an exercise bike which ive been using a fair bit in the past few months, been eating well too, seems to be working. I need to mix it up and do some different exercise too.

3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? I dunno, i ate too much, whatever that comes under

4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? 3

5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? Not really heard anything really, if people bitch they do it behind my back!

6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? 2

As for the size thing, i'm probably 2, i'm not huge like some people, but certainly not thin. I want to get down to some sort of athletic type body, i wouldn't mind trying some triathlons eventually, or do a marathon or something.
Personally, I would say I'm between 2 and 3, but as I have body dysmorphia, I'll go with what the medically-type people say, which is a 3.

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? Pretty much
2: Do you do anything to change it? I row, and try to lift weights. I'm not really allowed to do much cardio work.
3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? A bit of both. Most of my family is quite slim, if that makes a difference.
4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? I guess a 2.5 - with more muscle
5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? Ocasionally I get compliments [always nice :biggrin:], but most of the time I don't get any reactions anymore.
6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? No, but I used to when I was a 4.
1: Are you happy at this weight/body type?
Usually. Sometimes I think I'm worse than I actually am.

2: Do you do anything to change it?
Yeah, I walk everywhere I can, make a point of going out every day, even if it is just for a walk. I used to dance, until the uni term stopped, and with it, my dance society. Hopefully in my new place I can take that back up :smile:

3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you?
Both. I love food, but hardly anyone in my family is skinny.

4: If you could be one of the others which would it be?
I would like to relate more to number 2.

5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically?
I don't know, people generally get to know me first, and I don't ask for first impressions. Sometimes I get very self concious and think that people are laughing at me behind my back.

6: Have you had any health complications due to body type?
Not as far as I am aware.

I believe myself to be:
1: Obese/Quite a bit overweight
I'm 5ft6 and like 8 and a half stone, feel obese.

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? No i hate it more than anything
I eat between 1000 and 1500 cals a day
3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? The latter
4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? n/a

5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? Reactions are positive but I always twist them in my head into something horrible.
Yes, when I was under seven stone last year I had many many health issues.
Reply 26
forsaken_earth
I'm 5ft6 and like 8 and a half stone, feel obese.

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? No i hate it more than anything
I eat between 1000 and 1500 cals a day
3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? The latter
4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? n/a

5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? Reactions are positive but I always twist them in my head into something horrible.
Yes, when I was under seven stone last year I had many many health issues.

:no:

Your not meant to eat less calories to loose weight
It would just be easier to post up your BMI, to tell you the truth. Although that doesn't really cover body composition.

I'm about 5'8" and 65kg, which is about 10st and 3.5lbs. And from memory that comes out as a BMI of 21 or so.

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? Hell yeah, it's just where I want to be with it.

2: Do you do anything to change it? I try to keep up with the exercise and things (I play hockey, and I think that helps with the arms and the chest a lot - alongside the running)

3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? Huge advantage there, I can eat a lot and not show any effects. I think I get a skinny build from my grandfather.

4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? N/A

5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? Well, I had someone at T in the Park tell me that I looked muscular (I was wearing a big hoodie and he was wasted) and wanted to feel my belly. So that was nice.

6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? No, not really. I guess skinny people probably chill down a bit more during winter cause of the lack of insulation. But that's about it.
Reply 28
I = 3: A bit on the skinny side BUT carrying some nice toned muscle in places, not so much in others/could do with gaining a few kg

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? Mostly
2: Do you do anything to change it? Yes, trying to gain and eat more of the right stuff
3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? Physiology, i.e. high metabolism. But also psychology: I don't laze around and don't like to be slow/inactive/boring/lazy
4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? No I wouldn't
5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? My mum calls me skinny sometimes, but that's the general "fatten you all up" thing that they do
6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? No no.
Reply 29
sango
Ah. Je suis desole. Mais c'est vrai que ta mère est une prostituée parce que seul un salaud qui agissent comme un énorme pénis. Mon pénis est plus grande que la vôtre monsieur so :p:

Yes... fluent in french and a big penis. God I am the perfect man !!!

Your mum doesn't have to be a prostitute to make you a bastard. But by your rationale, surely we're both bastards? But that's okay, woman love a bastard. They don't like people who make up stories though.
:no:

Your not meant to eat less calories to loose weight

What do you mean? It definetly works.
Class myself as 2: Moderately overweight/a bit chubby/carrying a few extra pounds
Powerlifter
Looking at the extremes and I suppose the not so extreme. –
For the four categories below I am interested in finding out:

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? No
2: Do you do anything to change it? Yes
3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? Certainly a mix of both, probably more to do with the latter
4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? In your scale I'd like to be around a 2.5 - thin'ish with some muscle definition
5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? That I'm thin and don't need to diet
6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? No

Are you asking this for any specific reason?
I'm between 3 and 4 I think. BMI wise I'm underweight at 8stone and 5'7, but my medication (anti-depressants) really reduces the amount I want to eat at all.

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? Yeah reasonably.
2: Do you do anything to change it? I run and go to the gym etc as I like looking like this.
3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? Psychology I guess?
4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? Erm I'd like to be a bit more 3 than 4 but I couldn't be overweight :erm:
5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? Well my bessie is a size 6 too so it's not that noticeable when I'm out..generally a good reception :yy:
6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? Nopee.
Reply 33
I would say I'm not really skinny, but only carry much fat around my belly, and I'm a healthy weight for my height.

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type?
More or less. I would like a flatter stomach, but I'd also like a bigger bum. (Odd I know, But I would like curves in the right places.)

I try to eat well.

3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you?
A mixture of both?

4: If you could be one of the others which would it be?
None really, I'd just like to carry weight in the right places.

5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically?
"Meh." I'm told I have nice arms.

Not that I know of.
1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? Meh, I could be worse. I think I fall into the skinny fat category though :/
2: Do you do anything to change it? Well I'm trying to improve my fitness
3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? Erm, yeah, sure ,why not?
4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? I wouldn't want to be one of the others :/
5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? OMG, you're so skinny and you eat so much (even though I do not)
6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? Not that I know of ...

I guess I'm somewhere between 3 and 4??
3: A bit on the skinny side/not carrying much fat or muscle/could do with gaining a few lbs

4: Very skinny/Underweight by a fair margin/Boney etc
Powerlifter
Good for you, I did hear you referred to as a walking co*k

:rofl2:
I think I'm a 1, but I'm probably more of a 2. Not good at judging.
1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? Moderately. I'm a big girl, but I've also got a huge frame, so I look odd and out of proportion at a size smaller than about a 14.
2: Do you do anything to change it? I'm slowly losing weight, after years of just piling it on and not realising til I'd gone up a dress size every few months or so.
3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you?Both, in a sense. As I said, I've got a big frame - I've got hands as big, if not bigger than all my male friends, I've got big feet, a large ribcage, and I'm just built like a rugby player/preverbial brick **** house. That's going to keep me big. But for years I didn't realise quite what I was doing to my body - I've been aware of calories and fat content and things like that for years, but never really took enough notice. Probably doesn't help that I come from a family where food is a constant topic, and everyone's fairly big.
4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? Two.
5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? I've never had a problem with blokes. My boyfriend likes my body, but he's all for me losing weight if it's what I want. I've always made an effort to dress well, and I'm fairly confident in my ability to show off the bits I want, and cover the bits I don't find so good. I've never been one of those girls to just throw caution to the wind and wear a too tight white t-shirt!
6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? Nope. I'm perfectly healthy. But one of my motivations to lose the weight is my mum getting type 2 diabetes, getting injuries she can't recover from as quickly etc. I don't want to get ill, and I don't want to have to depend on medication for the rest of my life. That doesn't mean however that I'm going to spend hours at the gym and only eat what's supposed to be good for me - I need to be able to have a good time occasionally!
forsaken_earth
What do you mean? It definetly works.

It works, but you shouldn't be eating less than about 1200 a day for a sustained period of time, else you'll really screw up your metabolism and end up gaining weight. Weight loss isn't necessarily all about taking in less, it's about using more.
Reply 38
Too many e-Willys, especially Low Key's and not enough real sausages in this thread

:getmecoat:
Reply 39
Spacecam
Too many e-Willys, especially Low Key's and not enough real sausages in this thread

:getmecoat:

We both know you LOVES IT!

Latest

Trending

Trending