Turn on thread page Beta

Fat & Thin people - a few questions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Please stop talking about your penis. It really isn't anything to boast about you know...

Though I am black so naturally was blessed with a gargantuan penis fit for the hookers of Thailand and the sluts of Britain :p:
    is this something you should be admitting to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)
    is this something you should be admitting to?
    Yes it is darling, yes it is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Yes it is darling, yes it is...
    well in that case pal, congratulations are in order

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm a 2.

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? Not yet, but I'm getting there.
    2: Do you do anything to change it? I'm a healthy eater, and do Pilates. I'm due to start cardio as well to speed things up.
    3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? Physiology - I was on steroids for years and they made me gain weight. It's coming off really well though.
    4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? A 2.
    5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? I get lots of comments about how much weight I'm losing - I was never huuuge but there's a real difference.
    6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? No, none.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 3

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type?
    Yes, but I'm a little skinny

2: Do you do anything to change it?
    I worked out/calorie surplus for about half a year, it went well, but I then realised that was what was causing my random acne breakout, so I stopped to regain clear skin lol

3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? Psychology

4: If you could be one of the others which would it be?
    A little bit more muscle would be ideal.

5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically?
    Indifferent, my physique is not impressive, but not disgusting

6: Have you had any health complications due to body type?
    No

ReputationRep:
    3: A bit on the skinny side/not carrying much fat or muscle/could do with gaining a few lbs

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? No.

2: Do you do anything to change it? Yes, gym 3-4 times a week, 1 martial arts session a week, and running 2 times a week.

3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? More physiology that psychology, I used to be very fit and active but have a history of skinny family members, but also in the last few years I've been staying in more, playing more games, drinking more and got stuck in a rut of laziness.

4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? I'm happy being number 3

5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? Not much really, my friends used to call me very skinny but recently started saying I'm a lot bigger than I used to be.

6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? Not that I know of.

ReputationRep:
    Answers in CAPS

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? NO
    2: Do you do anything to change it? I TRY AND FAIL
    3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? BOTH.
    4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? THIN
    5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? THEY ALL SAY I LOOK GREAT BUT THEN SAY THEY ARE ALL FAT AND I AM MUCH FATTER THAN THEM, SO WHAT DO THEY REALLY THINK OF ME?
    6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? NOPE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Looking at the extremes and I suppose the not so extreme. –
    For the four categories below I am interested in finding out:

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type?
    2: Do you do anything to change it?
    3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you?
    4: If you could be one of the others which would it be?
    5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically?
    6: Have you had any health complications due to body type?

Types -(I realise these are generalisations, if you differ but want to answer just let us know what you believe your body type to be)

1: Obese/Quite a bit overweight/Carrying a fair bit more body fat

2: Moderately overweight/a bit chubby/carrying a few extra pounds

3: A bit on the skinny side/not carrying much fat or muscle/could do with gaining a few lbs

4: Very skinny/Underweight by a fair margin/Boney etc
    I'm a 3 I think but I don't think I need to gain a few lbs...
    My BMI is 17.9ish but i'm perfectly healthy and don't need to gain anything.
    I'm happy with my weight.
    Physiology
    I'd stick with 3
    People don't really react? They don't say anything really.
    No health complications

ReputationRep:
    Old thread but hey ho.

I'm no 1 and trying to lose it, but seem to spend most of my time lifting and not doing cardio.

ReputationRep:
    I'd put myself in catergory number 3. I'm really short though so it evens out.

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? Yeah. Although i am thin my arms can look abit too muscly, but tbh that's pretty trivial so i don't really care.

2: Do you do anything to change it? No not really, i'm naturally quite small boned, but i know that if i eat alot of unhealthy food in large amounts that i'll gain abit of weight. It's common sense really.

3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? It's just naturally the way i am?

4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? I like the way i am.

5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? Never really had anyone comment on my weight/size, i guess my height deters this attention?

6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? Nope.

ReputationRep:
    wheres the slim but doesnt do many sit ups etc.

im not skinny, never will be, robustly built to say the least.

but i wouldnt say im chubby either, im slim, just untoned.

just got better things 2 do with my time i spose.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in number 3

1: Are you happy at this weight/body type? yeah

2: Do you do anything to change it? not really i play a bit of football

3: Do you believe it is physiology or psychology that causes this within you? im naturally like this

4: If you could be one of the others which would it be? none im happy as i am

5: What if any are peoples reactions to you physically? never really had a comments

6: Have you had any health complications due to body type? no

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.